Find Ancestors

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Marrow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julie

Julie Report 19 Jun 2003 12:24

I am looking for anyone with any connection to Josiah MARROW, Suffolk who died sept 8th 1895 aged 87 years he married louisa. They had as far as I know, two children, Albert MARROW c.23rd Dec 1839 who married clarrissa, and Henry Herbert MARROW C.1833 whickhambrook in Suffolk he was a master baker. He married Alice Alborough who died in 1946 aged 75. Between them they had 9 children. Edith, stanley,sidney,Gladice, elise,flo,harold,Reg,and ALBERT JOHN MARROW b.1900 my grandfather. I would like any information thank you Also looking for a connection with our family tree and WILLIAM MARROW (or Marowe) from Stepney, Middlesex. He was lord mayor of london in 1455. William had a Daughter Joan Marrow who married Sir William Clopton, she died in chidbirth. Update Now looking for any connection to John MARROW 1717-1811 who married Margaret Underwood in 1738. Anyone with the Surname MARROW please e-mail as I now have over 100 names and maybe able to help in your search. Update August 2006 This is a big shot in the dark but you never know............. During the 1st world war My Uncle Regnald MARROW had a sweetheart. We believe her name to be Elizabeth Bains but not sure of this and the spelling of the surname. We have a few letters sent back from the front line to his mother, asking that if anything should happen to him she would write to his girl. 4 days later Reg was killed. Maybe somewhere there are a collection of letters from Regnald Marrow addressed to Elizabeth? But one thing we would all love to know is did Elizabeth, known as 'lizzy' go on with her life, get married and have a family? Such a sad story, some of the letters bring tears to your eyes. Reg was from Wickhambrook in Suffolk and was killed on his first mission in July 1917 aged just 21. Regards Julie