Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Greaders vote result Oct/Nov 13

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Oct 2013 11:14

Lots to choose from this time. Please read at least one of the two winners if you can (If not both) and any of the runners up.

Winners
The Snowman by Jo Nesbo 111
Take a Look at me Now by Miranda Dickinson 111

Runners up
The Rossetti Letter by Christi Phillips 11
The Woman He loved before by Dorothy Koomson 11
Letters from Home by Kristina McMorris 11
The Accidental Husband – by Jane Green 11

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Oct 2013 11:17

Well I have ordered take a look at me now but it won't be downloaded until 24th October. Apologies to those without a kindle if it is kindle only.

Pammy51

Pammy51 Report 7 Oct 2013 12:13

Thanks, Ann
A new big library has opened in our nearest town and it appears to have most of the books. I wanted to see the new facilities so it will be a good excuse for a visit.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Oct 2013 14:10

Sounds like a good excuse for a nosey around Pammy!!

Jill in France

Jill in France Report 7 Oct 2013 15:57

I know my Mum has the Snowman , so will borrow that.
x jill

Greenfingers

Greenfingers Report 7 Oct 2013 18:05

Seen, when is the review date ?

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 7 Oct 2013 20:08

I did say on the other thread jan, forgot to put it on this one.
24 November :-)

Persephone

Persephone Report 8 Oct 2013 04:05

date noted.. I don't think I will get hold of Take a look at me now.. it hasn't arrived at our libraries yet .. still on order.

Quite happy to read another Jo Nesbo... his "Headhunters" was very cleverly done.

date noted Persie

Pammy51

Pammy51 Report 8 Oct 2013 17:19

Just got The Snowman, The Woman he Loved Before and The Accidental Husband from our very impressive new library and they look like brand new, unread copies.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Oct 2013 17:58

Didn't you do well pammy?

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Oct 2013 19:31

I have just downloaded Letters from Home......so will start once I finished my other book :-) :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Oct 2013 20:35

Well done Mersey. Did you see that the Miranda Dickenson is not available until 24 October?

Mersey

Mersey Report 8 Oct 2013 20:38

I did Ann...hopefully I can read it quickly enough to give review it does look very good :-) :-)

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Oct 2013 21:41

Well it doesn't matter if the review is a bit late so we have plenty of time. :-)

Persephone

Persephone Report 9 Oct 2013 04:03

I can get that one.. I have pre ordered so as soon as it is in I am 2nd on list...

BTW tried Gone Girl.. which I waited ages for.. I couldn't get into it,..... and despite my name I was not willing to Persie vere....

Pxx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 9 Oct 2013 08:57

Glad I didn't try then Persie. Although some people seemed to enjoy it on the kindle thread. Life is too short to read something you are not gripped by! :-)

Berona

Berona Report 9 Oct 2013 09:49

I have downloaded one and put the other one on order for delivery on 24th. I'm still reading Just One Damned Thing. Haven't had much time to read lately and have only done it when I go to bed - then I get tired and don't read for a long as I would like to.......I'll get there.

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget

TessAkaBridgetTheFidget Report 10 Oct 2013 00:13

I am still waiting for the previous suggestions from the Library.
If they have arrived by tomorrow will try to collect them and will also look for the ones of this months list.

Have already read The Snowman. (can't remember if it was from library or charity shop) will have to check my book cases and book piles to see if I still have it.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 10 Oct 2013 17:10

I have now managed to get The Snowman by Jo Nesbo, in a charity shop for 95p
Pleased about that as it is not my normal type of book so I didn't want to pay too much for it.