Hobbies and Crafts

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Book 18 allocation

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Apr 2015 10:30

Had anyone been notified that they are going to be sent a copy or been told they were unsuccessful?
My PM of 3 April hasn't even been opened.

SuffolkVera

SuffolkVera Report 28 Apr 2015 12:02

Oh dear. Don't say the Book Club is falling apart as well as the rest of GR :-(

I can't help as I didn't apply for this one but I usually get a response within a couple of weeks of applying.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 28 Apr 2015 14:27

Could be :-0

Being generous, Easter, WDYTYA and hiccups with Penguin might have got in the way

Morag

Morag Report 30 Apr 2015 18:13

Glad you asked I've been wondering what's going on. My message hasn't been opened either.

Patricia

Patricia Report 4 May 2015 20:34

Nor has mine. Strange!

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 May 2015 08:36

By now there'd be a thread acknowledging that the books had been allocated. That way even unsuccessful applicants would have known they'd missed out.

Nothing.

3 April PM still not read

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 May 2015 11:46

They must have been listening!

Dear Book Club Member,

We are delighted to inform you that you will be receiving a copy of April's book Club book Everland. We apologise for the delay in sending the book to you, you should receive your book within the next 7 days.

Kind regards,

The Genes Team

Persephone

Persephone Report 6 May 2015 09:01

My message was opened straight away some time ago and I got a message this morning my time, saying I should get mine in 7 days as well, but it has a lot further to travel than yours DET.

Just happy that I am getting it. It is the second time I have asked for one of the books, the other one was Toby's Room which I really enjoyed.

Lot of NZealanders go to Antarctica, it is like another world down there.

Persephone

Persephone Report 14 May 2015 01:37

Genes are waiting for my review of the book now, got a message today.

Haven't received the book yet, and I do have other reading to do as well.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 14 May 2015 14:42

Fear not - neither have I. The despatch or otherwise is probably down to the publishers.