Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for relatives in Norwich area

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Stephen

Stephen Report 19 May 2011 13:40

I have traced ancestors from the Erpingham, Felmingham, North Walsham areas to the north of Norwich. The surnames passed down have become corrupted to several different spellings, but I believe them to have the same derivation. They may appear as Thurtle, Thirtle, Thirtell, Thurtell or Thurkell and possibly more.

One of these, Harriett Thurtell (b1826), married John Archer (b1808 in Sheffield) and was living there in the mid-1800s. She had a sister Elizabeth (b1827).

Can anyone connected with this branch of my family throw any light earlier (or later) gerations?