Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

does anyone know!!!!

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Flick

Flick Report 27 Jul 2011 15:10

OK.........thanks for the info.

Personally, I would never consider using GR, but each to his/her own

BUT............if that's the case, why couldn't Sarah find it?

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 27 Jul 2011 15:01

Flick.............it is on GR website
( mentioned only if folks think GR indexes are not complete / very good )

Though I must admit, I have found transcript errors but no way to report them, unlike BMD & Ancestry websites.

Flick

Flick Report 27 Jul 2011 14:49

If by 'here' you mean GR...........that isn't surpirisng

The record referred to is on Ancestry

Name: Mary Alice Greene
Birth Date: 14 Dec 1928
Date of Registration: Feb 2004
Age at Death: 75
Registration district: Hammersmith and Fulham
Inferred County: London
Register number: HF4E
District and Subdistrict: 260/1E
Entry number: 235

The maiden name will be on the cert.....if this person had been married

Sarah

Sarah Report 27 Jul 2011 13:40

A Mary Alice Greene died in Hammersmith and Fulham in 2004 ( which would of course be unhappy news if this were the same person so I am glad you are doing this ..

chrissiex posted this in reply to my original thread.

but i cant find the death records on here

Sarah

Sarah Report 25 Jul 2011 15:08

they are already planning to meet up , :)

i have just sent her pics of my sister and her kids.
as we are all from different families and are all adopted .
i found mine on facebook in sept 2010 and have met up already with ALL of them

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 25 Jul 2011 14:45

that's wonderful ! I thought those names were too much to be coincidence :-)

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 25 Jul 2011 13:15

Glad it went well & thanks for your kind message

:-)

Sarah

Sarah Report 25 Jul 2011 13:13

THANKS EVERYONE from myself and my sister ,SHE has spoken to her birth mother at 8am this morning and i called yesterday for my sister to see if she wanted the same thing.And she does she lives in alaska

THANKS AGAIN also on behalf of my sister & her mother

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 24 Jul 2011 15:14

Fairthorn I assume you sent the same information I had already said I was sending .............

Sarah

Sarah Report 24 Jul 2011 11:36

thanks were just checking all is correct but im sure these are the correct people as its to much of a coinsidence and the ages all match up well.will keep you posted

FAIRTHORN

FAIRTHORN Report 24 Jul 2011 06:18

SHEILA FOUND

address/telephone number emailed

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Jul 2011 22:21

ok thanks

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 23 Jul 2011 22:12

Sarah I see you did add to your thread so I was able to find which one it was after receiving your private message ( which did not contain any details about this thread from over a week ago )

( when something new is added to a thread someone has posted in the thread rises to the top of the list of their 'my threads' )

I realize you were quoting what I said .....

I mentioned my mother not because we are related but as an example ... my mother, who married before 1955, is living, and I would not want details of her marriage etc posted on the internet, that was why I questioned posting the details of the 1955 marriage

there is the possible Kelly Greene marriage that Flick posted and offered to send you the details so you could order that certificate if you like

the certificate would tell you the full names of the spouses and their ages and fathers' names so you could rule that marriage out or in as a possibility and might be able to find more information then about the spouses

it doesn't tell us much to say that someone had 'connections in' somewhere ...

also I'm not sure how someone could have connections with the RAF in the US or did you mean the US air force ? ... also I see now it is not Sheila but her daughter on whose behalf you are asking, is she looking for Sheila as well?

......... Sarah I see now that you have a previous thread about this at this site

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/thread/1245918

I found that thread using google, so could anyone else who searches for names in your post

as member Detective said there these details could be a shock for a family member

okay google worked, I think I have found Henry and Sheila possibly in California ... or another US state ... would this make sense ??

I will send you some information privately

Sarah

Sarah Report 23 Jul 2011 21:34

ok thanks basically all the information my sister has is her biological mother sheila margaret greene couldn't cope as she had met a new bloke .
my sister rachel was fostered then adopted by the parents she has now.
sheilas mother we know was called mary alice kelly.
(was obviously also a greene before).
Then sheila married a henry chester gill who had connections with the r.a.f in the usa.
sheila and mary had connections in (barry in wales) & east glamorgan.

Flick

Flick Report 14 Jul 2011 23:32

Precisely why I gave no location, or GRO refs, or spouse's name!!!!! And offered to send same by PM, if required..................

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 14 Jul 2011 23:06

that was certainly the marriage I considered to account for the death I mentioned

given the date of the marriage it did not seem wise to post it on the board

......... my mother who is living married some time before 1955 ........

Flick

Flick Report 14 Jul 2011 23:02

Name: Mary A Kelly
Spouse Surname: Greene
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1955
Find Spouse:

If you wish to obtain the marriage cert to get some facts about the couple, let me know, and I'll PM the full details you need to enable you to do so

Does Sheila have her birth cert?

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 14 Jul 2011 20:08

Sheila's parents were married ? it seems ... if she got the marriage certificate it would give Mary's age and father's name

Does Sheila know Mary's approximate date of birth ?

A Mary Alice Greene died in Hammersmith and Fulham in 2004 ( which would of course be unhappy news if this were the same person so I am glad you are doing this search for Sheila and can talk to her about it ) ... she was born in December 1928

there are so many Mary A Kelly births and marriages that no one could guess without a little more information ... the best thing would be her marriage certificate if she is known to have married

as you can see from the 'views' of your thread the chance that anyone knows anything about a person searched for here is close to zero ... when only a couple of dozen people will read the message ... but sometimes other members can help find information

:-)

Sarah

Sarah Report 14 Jul 2011 19:04

thanks yes we have tried all this

Liz 47

Liz 47 Report 14 Jul 2011 19:00

Have you tried a search on this site, friends reunited, facebook or the electoral rolls,
Good luck,
Liz