Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP - LOOKING FOR FATHER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sarah

sarah Report 30 Aug 2011 17:23

I was wondering if you can help me, I am looking for my father Michael taylor, born in Newcastle My name is sarah Taylor. My mother is called Lynda Jefferey she lived all over newcastle upon tyne including washington, also Ripon in Yorkshire is as far back as I can remember.

I would be very greatfull if you could get back to me

Flick

Flick Report 30 Aug 2011 17:26

Unless you know when and where he was born, it will be virtually impossible to search for him

You really MUST delete your full birth details.......you are giving an open invitation to identity thieves.............

patchem

patchem Report 30 Aug 2011 20:10

Have you got your parents' marriage certificate for information about your Father?
Have you asked your Mother about your Father's age?
Is your Mother's name Jefferey or Jeffrey?

sarah

sarah Report 30 Aug 2011 21:24

its jeffrey... there is no point in asking my mother about my father as things dont add up and its very confusing, so my last hope is here, just looking for a glimmer of hope... father is between 40-50 at a guess...

patchem

patchem Report 30 Aug 2011 21:26

You need to start by getting your parents' marriage certificate.
Do you know when they married, and area of the country?

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 30 Aug 2011 21:33

I think unfortunately there is no marriage certificate ... Sarah does your birth certificate say anything about him, a middle name possibly, his occupation ?

I am afraid that without help from your mother ( although she may not know things like his parents' names) this will be very difficult for you ... best of luck

sarah

sarah Report 31 Aug 2011 11:17

My mother never married my father, so there will be no record, can only find my grandmothers Marriage records which is no good

Flick

Flick Report 31 Aug 2011 13:13

Sorry to say this, Sarah, but if your mother can't - or won't - give you accurate info the man she says is your father, you will probably never be able to find him.

Have you seen your birth certificate?

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 31 Aug 2011 21:24

there is only one birth in the index that matches Sarah and her parents' surnames so probably she doesn't need to put that personal info here ( as was advised against early in the thread )

Sarah it would help though if you can give any other info that is on your birth certificate like if Michael had a middle name and if it says his occupation

( occupation probably would not help a lot but it is best to have all information rather than not have it )

sarah

sarah Report 31 Aug 2011 22:05

i am currently in the process of finding that info out, as i dont have a full birth certificate, all my sisters have one but I dont

sarah

sarah Report 1 Sep 2011 19:22

How do you mean?

sarah

sarah Report 1 Sep 2011 20:18

New information - he could of been born In Hartlepool, Durham... or in Sunderland in 1968

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 1 Sep 2011 20:40

I think Stephen meant did those of us helping have access to records after 1985, yes, at Ancestry, that's where Sarah's birth is :-)

Sarah there is a birth for his name in each of Hartlepool and Sunderland in 1968, is this reliable information that you have from a source who should know ?

there could be siblings for the one in Hartlepool ... unfortunately the mother's name for the one in Sunderland is common and more than one couple with those names seems to have had children there around the same time

you have now put Hartlepool in your tree and one other person also has that Michael in their tree ... several people have the Michael born in Sunderland in their trees ... have you done that search ?

in fact the other person who has the Michael from Hartlepool could be that Michael himself ..........

sarah

sarah Report 1 Sep 2011 23:11

not done that search yet but going to do so, i got the information from a very good source been a relative but unfortuantly thats all they could tell me, but they are 90% sure its hartlepool but its not 100%

sarah

sarah Report 2 Sep 2011 21:33

I will have new info within weeks, as requested a new full birth cert - so hoping that will sort this out

sarah

sarah Report 10 Sep 2011 13:56

New information... parents live in Blakelaw, newcaslte tyne and wear....

sarah

sarah Report 10 Sep 2011 13:56

New information... parents live in Blakelaw, newcaslte tyne and wear....

chrissiex

chrissiex Report 10 Sep 2011 18:51

Sarah does this mean that you have found them or that you are looking for help to find them ... ?

sarah

sarah Report 10 Sep 2011 21:19

Looking for help finding them, as i still cant find exact now know name, place been Blakelaw, occupation - worked at a 24hr petrol garage.

Only info I am missing is parents names, and exact year of birth