Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Iona Jackson born c1950, emigrated to Australia

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda

Linda Report 17 Sep 2011 00:42

I would like to find Iona Jackson, born around 1950, who my parents fostered in Tunbridge Wells, Kent for a couple of years around 1965. She had a younger brother whose name I can't remember. She emigrated to Australia and was a fashion model, tall with long blonde hair. If anyone can help I'd be most grateful.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 17 Sep 2011 05:51

Linda,

Not seeing a birth for her.

Rose

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 17 Sep 2011 08:51

I agree with Rose, no Iona Jacksons born about 1950. Would it be a bit unusual to foster a 15 year old back then - children's homes were much more the norm I would say? I'm no expert though! Just wondering about that birth year.
In any case, have you tried Facebook? You never know.
Jan

patchem

patchem Report 17 Sep 2011 09:32

There is an Iona born in Kent in 1961, if birth year 10 years out.
(But no younger brother showing)

Paul

Paul Report 17 Sep 2011 10:22

...as a matter of interest...

http://www.modelscomposites.com/getlist.php?list=wld&choice=Iona+Jackson&year=all

This link is for an Iona Jackson in 1976, is this her??

Linda

Linda Report 19 Sep 2011 11:44

Thanks Paul - that could be her. I'll have a look. I can't remember exactly when she was born - I was born in 1952 and she was a couple of years ahead of me at school. We fostered her because her parents had split up. Not sure where her brother went. Thanks everyone for looking, and sorry I didn't reply straight away - busy weekend!

Linda

Linda Report 19 Sep 2011 11:47

Yes, that's definitely her. But she married in Australia and I don't know her married name. I did try Facebook but didn't have any luck.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Sep 2011 18:32

Do you know where she was born?

Rose

Linda

Linda Report 19 Sep 2011 23:24

Sorry, no. Possibly Kent, but they could have moved there from somewhere else. I wish now that I'd asked my Mum for more information before she died, but I'm not sure how much she knew herself.

Linda

Linda Report 19 Sep 2011 23:27

Actually I've just remembered that her brother went to Lancing College in Sussex - not that that proves anything about where they came from!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Sep 2011 01:15

You might want to add Australia to your title in case someone who know Australians records can help.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Sep 2011 01:17

Was she already a model when you fostered her? I wonder if her name was changed.

Rose

Linda

Linda Report 20 Sep 2011 01:54

No, she was about 15, but already model potential, tall, slim, blonde hair, and looked fantastic in whatever she wore!

I'll add Australia to the title as you suggest - thanks for the tips!

Linda

Linda Report 20 Sep 2011 01:55

Except I can't find how to edit the title!

jax

jax Report 20 Sep 2011 02:01

Go to the first post in the thread and click edit...just along from your name

jax

AmazingGrace08

AmazingGrace08 Report 20 Sep 2011 04:10

Nothing in the Australian Archives showing as a migrant arrival for her just using a search of the name Iona.

Linda

Linda Report 20 Sep 2011 15:22

Thanks for looking everyone - much appreciated.

Could her name have been mistranscribed as Fiona I wonder? Iona was an unusual name back then. Just a thought.