Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I don't know if he is alive or dead

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sheila

Sheila Report 20 Oct 2011 01:52

:-S Hello I was adopted on 1942. and now have got my adoption papers , in which it has the name of my father.. I don't know if he is alive or dead but seeing he was born in 1912 (?) He was in the R A F during WW 11 . I most believe he is dead.

All I know his name was Ivor Scholfield and was born in Yorkshire. Can some kind person find out for me if he is dead, and where he died

Thank alot
Sheila :-(

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Oct 2011 02:09

Hi Sheila,

Are you sure of the spelling? Not seeing a birth for Scholfield. There is one for Schofield but he died the same year:

Births Dec 1912
Schofield Ivor Chapman Todmorden 9a 344

Deaths Dec 1912
Schofield Ivor 0 Todmorden 9a 274

Rose

Sheila

Sheila Report 20 Oct 2011 02:13

Hello Mark, yes sorry it was a typo . it should be Schofield But it is Ivor , and he was in the R A F in 1941

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Oct 2011 02:16

Who is Mark?

Do you have your birth cert? Were your parents married? What was your mother's name?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Oct 2011 02:18

There's an Ivor F W Schofield who married a Gladys Powell.

Rose

jax

jax Report 20 Oct 2011 02:18

Are you sure about where and when he was born?

jax

jax Report 20 Oct 2011 02:23

Name: Ivor Frederick W Schofield
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1904
Registration district: Worcester
Inferred County: Hereford and Worcester, Worcestershire
Volume: 6c
Page: 273 (click to see others on page)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Oct 2011 02:24

Jax,

That one was a Colonel in Nigeria and Gambia, according to the National Archives.

Rose

jax

jax Report 20 Oct 2011 02:25

This one seemed to travel a lot

passenger transcript details
Name: Ivor Frederick Wentworth SCHOFIELD
Date of departure: 10 November 1960
Port of departure: Liverpool
Passenger destination port: Tiko, Cameroon
Passenger destination: Tiko, Cameroon

Date of Birth:
Sex: Not specified
Passenger recorded on: Page 2 of 2

Sheila

Sheila Report 20 Oct 2011 02:27

No Ivor and my BM were not married . and I am reading the info of the adoption records, and there is not much information He was born "up north" he was plain Ivor Schifield. my BM was 18 at the time . and he was a "few " years older.

jax

jax Report 20 Oct 2011 02:29

Apart from the one born 1912 who died all the others would have been too young

He was'nt an American or Canadian serviceman was he?

I dont know anything about adoption but did he sign these papers or was he just named?

Sheila

Sheila Report 20 Oct 2011 02:41

No according to all the info he was born "up north" but from Croydon that could be anywhere north of the Thames lol in an other hand writting on the page someone wrote Egypt so I guess that is where he was posted

jax

jax Report 20 Oct 2011 02:51

What I am saying is, was anything you have signed by him or could he just be a "name" ?

Very true I'm in Essex and anything further north than cambridge is up north to me :-D

It seems strange that there are no births...1925 would be too young there are a couple born then, Grimsby and Worcester

Could he be Scottish maybe...thats up north?

Sheila

Sheila Report 20 Oct 2011 03:33

Jax I don't know 1 thing I have picked up is

Ivor Schofield was born in Tomorden Dec 1912 and Ivor Chapman Schofield died Dec 1912 So If I take that Ivor Schofield lived past his first year

jax

jax Report 20 Oct 2011 03:53

Ivor Schofield born 1912 was registered with his birth and death in the same quarter so he can be ruled out completly....They are the same person but Chapman would not be mentioned on his death reg as it was his mothers maiden name

jax

jax Report 20 Oct 2011 04:30

Infact that Ivor was a twin and they both died aged 2 months and were buried within a week of each other :-(

Sheila

Sheila Report 20 Oct 2011 05:25

Oh Dear !!!!! how sad, well it can't be him/them . Oh Welll back to the drawing board Thanks

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 20 Oct 2011 08:56

There is a CLAUDE IVOR on GR family trees born 1916
( 26 years old in 1942 )

You could ask the tree owner if Claude was in the RAF
( remember to unclick " view my family tree if you do not want them to have access )

:-)

Can see nothing under Ivor on Scotlandspeople

Sheila

Sheila Report 20 Oct 2011 13:07

Hi Flowerpot2, I would not like to ask them as I was born "out of Wedlock" . my BM was left in 1941 just before I was born. So the tree owner would not know about me .

Sally

Sally Report 20 Oct 2011 14:38

Hi, As an adoptee myself --- i would go throught my local social services or "Norcap" a charity to help people to find each other --- you could also contact the RAF archive to see if they can help.
regards Sally :-)