Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Possible death in last 10 years

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Oct 2011 21:48

Hi, I'm looking for advice on if it's possible to trace a death that may have happened in the last five to ten years. I don't live in the UK so don't have access to electoral registers although I have been told that the gentlemen in question was still on the register in Newcastle Upon Tyne approx 2004/2005. He was still living in his late parent's home.
I've tried tracing him through GR but had only negative or no answer. His surviving family lost touch with him years ago but don't think he ever married. He would be in late sixties.
I've hit a brick wall and any help/advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Flick

Flick Report 27 Oct 2011 21:58

Ancestry has England/Wales up to 2005

Find my Past also has 2006.

Nothing more recent is on line............apart from obituaries on the following site.....

http://www.thisisannouncements.co.uk/

Flick

Flick Report 27 Oct 2011 22:00

The fact that he doesn't appear on an ER after c2005 may be due to the fact that he has 'wised up' and chosen to withold his details from the public version of the Roll.

Have you tried the phone book on line?

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Oct 2011 22:11

Thanks Flick, I've tried BT but no luck. I've written twice in the last few months to his last address and had both letters returned as "unknown" and unfortunately he has a very common name in that area (both first and last names) so a phone number may not be much use.
I'll try the obits site.

patchem

patchem Report 27 Oct 2011 22:18

Why do you think he has died if he is only in his late 60's?
Did he actually own his late parents' house? If so, has it been sold?
Have you tried contacting the people who lived either side of him, to see if they have any information (their names from electoral register from local main library, which you can phone or email for more information)?

Pamela

Pamela Report 27 Oct 2011 22:47

No, Patchem, I've not thought about the Library, so I'll try that tomorrow.
Why do I think he might have died? Mainly because his remaining family think he could be dead because he has lived in that property all his life and they don't think he would have left it unless he had died, although thinking about it he may have needed to go into care.
These suggestions are giving me more options, but unfortunately also more problems as I need to know if he is alive and where he's living and not living in the UK myself narrows what I can do for myself.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Pamela

Pamela Report 28 Oct 2011 14:20

Have had a PM from Anne, awaiting outcome before I check back,
Thanks

Pamela

Pamela Report 31 Oct 2011 08:19

Hi, I've had some good information from Anne, (Thanks a lot Anne) about the family of the chap I am looking for. Once I have sorted who's who in the family and followed up some of your previous suggestions on this page, I'll be back for more specific help if I may.
It may be necessary for me to ask for physical help (i.e attending register offices etc.) Does anyone do this in the Newcastle Upon Tyne area and what would be the charge? If no-one on this site does this sort of thing where would I find help?

Thanks
Pam

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 31 Oct 2011 08:37

If you have the postal code for the property, you can trace & see when the property was sold on the below website.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/house-prices/

have you tried

https://www.livingrelativesearch.co.uk/

Pamela

Pamela Report 31 Oct 2011 20:29

Thanks Flowerpot,
I have found out that the property was sold in 2005 and I have found out the name of a lady who has lived almost next door to this property for decades so I am going to write to her to see if she knows what happened to the owner, all the other houses around seem to have changed hands since 2005..
Had a look at livingrelativesearch but it's not much use to me at the moment as there appear to be dozens of the surname I am looking for, in the Newcastle area, and almost as many first names starting with the letter I want.
Sorry if this all sounds rather vague, but I don't want to put any names in the public domain at the moment. as this is a very personal matter for the people I am looking for.
Pam

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 1 Nov 2011 08:58

If you want to find more possible nieghbours, you might try a street search on Friends Reunited.
Jan

Pamela

Pamela Report 1 Nov 2011 19:00

Thanks Brummiejan,
Have tried FR for neighbours but no one lived very close to the right property or were only in the street a short time or a long time ago.
Am writing to most likely neighbour and also going to try some phone numbers of possible family members in the area.
The elderly person I am helping to find his nephew thought he was an only child, but Anne has come up with a list of possible siblings, some who died young but there are still a few names to try. You never know I might strike it lucky somewhere.

Pamela

Pamela Report 18 Nov 2011 23:04

Have had a reply from the neighbour of Joe (Ronald) Foster that I am looking for and it appears he died approx. 8 years ago.It appears he was married to Irene ( no other info on her) and that she has also died. There is a daughter but they had no information on her.

Joe Foster (he was registered as Ronald but known as Joe by all the cousins I have spoken to) was the son of Ronald Foster and Lilian VRAC,
(sometimes written as VRAO in some records Anne has looked up for me.) They were married in 1940 in Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Anne has found several children born to Foster/Vrac in Newcastle Upon Tyne other than the two I had already found.

Stephen G. d.o.b. 1942 d.o.d. 1943
Carole L. do.b. 1943 d.o.d. 1943
Ronald (Joe) d.o.b. 1944 d.o.d 2000-???
David A. d.o.b. 1948 d.o.d. 1948
Douglas A d.o.b. 1949 d.o.d.????
Raymond P. d.o.b. 1952 d.o.d.????
Jane d.o.b. 1954 d.o.d.????
Susan d.o.b. 1955?

I have spoken to two of Joe's cousins who remember visiting the family when in their early teens (they are only a few years younger then Joe) but they do not remember Joe having any siblings and no-one has mentioned that their Aunt had lost her first children at such a young age.
I believe the rest of the Vrac family lived in Wales and had little contact with the Newcastle family.
I have not been able to find any deaths for the older "siblings" in Free BMD which is really all I have access to, so can anyone help me to find their deaths or advise me on what I can do next?
Thanks,
Pam

Any info. on Joe/Ronald and his wife and child would also be gratefully received. The old neighbour is also going to ask her family if they can remember anything more about Joe's daughter.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Nov 2011 23:16

If he died 8 years ago his death would be on Ancestry or Findmypast.

Do you his exact birth date?

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 18 Nov 2011 23:24

Just for reference:
Marriages Dec 1940
Foster Ronald Vrac Newcastle T. 10b 351
Vrac Lilian Foster Newcastle T. 10b 351

Added:
Ronald Foster
Mother's Maiden Surname: Urao
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1944
Registration district: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Inferred County: Cumberland
Volume Number: 10b
Page Number: 7

Pamela

Pamela Report 18 Nov 2011 23:51

Sorry Rose, just know what Patchem has put up
Pam

patchem

patchem Report 19 Nov 2011 00:13

If he definitely died about 8 years ago then if you order the birth certificate you will have exact date of birth. This can then be used to help in looking for deaths.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Nov 2011 01:22

Not seeing a death for a Foster in the Newcastle area that matches Joe/Ronald.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Nov 2011 01:32

There's a Raymond P Foster on 192.com in Newcastle Upon Tyne of the correct age.

Rose

Pamela

Pamela Report 19 Nov 2011 07:19

Patchem, thanks but I'm not sure when he died or if he is dead, my information came from an old neighbour who is in her eighties and unwell. She thinks he sold his house to buy or start up a small business in the area but hadn't seen him since but she had heard he and his wife
had both died.

Rose, I couldn't find a death and there are a lot of Ronald Fosters in England! Thanks for the inf on a Raymond P. I'll have to try to contact him and see if he is part of this family.

Thank you both for your help, I'll probably be back!