Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Steven Gordon Griffiths and Susan Gina Griffiths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 28 Oct 2011 18:31

I have been looking for my half brother and sister for years, without success and would love to find them. I immigrated to Canada in 1962 and last contact with them was in 1977

My father William Gordon Griffiths 1914 married Maureen Keen 1931 in Birmingham Aug 1960

They had 2 children
Steven Gordon 1961
Susan Gina 1963
I was told Susan got married name of husband U/K

Any help would be much appreciated
Thank You

Perchino

Perchino Report 28 Oct 2011 19:46

There are possibles for Steven on 192.com, a telephone directory website. Searches are charged for.

Flick

Flick Report 28 Oct 2011 21:46

Have you contacted the other GR member who has Maureen in his GR tree?

Hilary

Hilary Report 28 Oct 2011 22:46

Thank You Perchino and Flick.

I have tried 192.com with no success.

I have also had contact with member who has Maureen in his tree, he added her after contact with me.

patchem

patchem Report 29 Oct 2011 10:07

Possible marriage for Susan sent, however it is out of area and there is another Susan G Griffiths who was born in that area (Stoke).

Perchino

Perchino Report 29 Oct 2011 19:30

Do you have copies of the death certificates for your parents/step parent? Possible death for Maureen 1990. What information is there on the one for the second death?

Hilary

Hilary Report 30 Oct 2011 05:10

Hi Perchino
I have the death cert for my father William Gordon Griffiths at Good Hope Hospital Sutton Coldfield Dec 11th 1978
I did get a death cert for Maureen Griffiths May 1990 Birmingham proved to be the wrong one
The problem is they were seperated and Maureen may have remarried after his death'
I was also aware she had a child with another father while they were still married but not living together, his name is unknown. I meet this child in 1977 about 7yrs old but don't remember his name.

Thank You for your help
Hilary

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Oct 2011 05:35

Do you think it's possible that Maureen remarried at some point and they took her new surname?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Oct 2011 05:39

Could the child be called Paul? There is a Griffiths/Keen match for 1972. Also registered under the surname Phillips.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Oct 2011 05:44

Are you sure she didn't divorce your father? There is a marriage in 1972 for a Maureen Griffiths to a Phillips.

Rose

Hilary

Hilary Report 30 Oct 2011 18:07

Hi Rose,

Well you have really given me something to think about. My father never mentioned any divorce, but then again he was very quiet about a lot of things.
I checked and found the marriage & birth in 1972 and think you might be right.
So now more investigating, starting with trying to find Paul.

Thank You so much
Hilary

Hilary

Hilary Report 1 Nov 2011 03:11

After doing some research, I have found a possibilty, though unfortunately no phone number. Have tried 192.com and ancestry without success.
Any other suggestions?
If not I will write to him, which takes time and no garantee an answer.

Perchino

Perchino Report 1 Nov 2011 08:17

A letter is often the best way of making an initial contact and gives the recipient time to absorb the situation. Try enclosing the letter with a general note explaining the overall situation and requesting that it is returned to sender if a mistake in identification has been made.

Hilary

Hilary Report 1 Nov 2011 20:07

Thank Perchino,
I have followed your advise, the letter is now in the mail. I will let you all know how I make out.

Thank You all again

Hilary

Hilary Report 7 Nov 2011 21:14

Hi Everyone
To all of you that have helped me with your thoughts and suggestions, I am so happy to let you know I have found them after 33yrs.
I haven't had direct contact with them yet but hope to soon.

Thank You All So Much
Hilary

Perchino

Perchino Report 8 Nov 2011 06:43

Very pleased for you. Good luck.

Hilary

Hilary Report 8 Nov 2011 23:51

Very pleased to report, I've had long conversations with both of them and everyone is excited. My husband has offered me a plane ticket for Xmas so I can come to England and meet everyone.

I wished there was something I could do for your help, without you all this would not have been possible.

Thank You All again