Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Steven Gordon Griffiths and Susan Gina Griffiths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Hilary

Hilary Report 28 Oct 2011 18:31

I have been looking for my half brother and sister for years, without success and would love to find them. I immigrated to Canada in 1962 and last contact with them was in 1977

My father William Gordon Griffiths 1914 married Maureen Keen 1931 in Birmingham Aug 1960

They had 2 children
Steven Gordon 1961
Susan Gina 1963
I was told Susan got married name of husband U/K

Any help would be much appreciated
Thank You

Perchino

Perchino Report 28 Oct 2011 19:46

There are possibles for Steven on 192.com, a telephone directory website. Searches are charged for.

Flick

Flick Report 28 Oct 2011 21:46

Have you contacted the other GR member who has Maureen in his GR tree?

Hilary

Hilary Report 28 Oct 2011 22:46

Thank You Perchino and Flick.

I have tried 192.com with no success.

I have also had contact with member who has Maureen in his tree, he added her after contact with me.

patchem

patchem Report 29 Oct 2011 10:07

Possible marriage for Susan sent, however it is out of area and there is another Susan G Griffiths who was born in that area (Stoke).

Perchino

Perchino Report 29 Oct 2011 19:30

Do you have copies of the death certificates for your parents/step parent? Possible death for Maureen 1990. What information is there on the one for the second death?

Hilary

Hilary Report 30 Oct 2011 05:10

Hi Perchino
I have the death cert for my father William Gordon Griffiths at Good Hope Hospital Sutton Coldfield Dec 11th 1978
I did get a death cert for Maureen Griffiths May 1990 Birmingham proved to be the wrong one
The problem is they were seperated and Maureen may have remarried after his death'
I was also aware she had a child with another father while they were still married but not living together, his name is unknown. I meet this child in 1977 about 7yrs old but don't remember his name.

Thank You for your help
Hilary

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Oct 2011 05:35

Do you think it's possible that Maureen remarried at some point and they took her new surname?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Oct 2011 05:39

Could the child be called Paul? There is a Griffiths/Keen match for 1972. Also registered under the surname Phillips.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 30 Oct 2011 05:44

Are you sure she didn't divorce your father? There is a marriage in 1972 for a Maureen Griffiths to a Phillips.

Rose

Hilary

Hilary Report 30 Oct 2011 18:07

Hi Rose,

Well you have really given me something to think about. My father never mentioned any divorce, but then again he was very quiet about a lot of things.
I checked and found the marriage & birth in 1972 and think you might be right.
So now more investigating, starting with trying to find Paul.

Thank You so much
Hilary

Hilary

Hilary Report 1 Nov 2011 03:11

After doing some research, I have found a possibilty, though unfortunately no phone number. Have tried 192.com and ancestry without success.
Any other suggestions?
If not I will write to him, which takes time and no garantee an answer.

Perchino

Perchino Report 1 Nov 2011 08:17

A letter is often the best way of making an initial contact and gives the recipient time to absorb the situation. Try enclosing the letter with a general note explaining the overall situation and requesting that it is returned to sender if a mistake in identification has been made.

Hilary

Hilary Report 1 Nov 2011 20:07

Thank Perchino,
I have followed your advise, the letter is now in the mail. I will let you all know how I make out.

Thank You all again

Hilary

Hilary Report 7 Nov 2011 21:14

Hi Everyone
To all of you that have helped me with your thoughts and suggestions, I am so happy to let you know I have found them after 33yrs.
I haven't had direct contact with them yet but hope to soon.

Thank You All So Much
Hilary

Perchino

Perchino Report 8 Nov 2011 06:43

Very pleased for you. Good luck.

Hilary

Hilary Report 8 Nov 2011 23:51

Very pleased to report, I've had long conversations with both of them and everyone is excited. My husband has offered me a plane ticket for Xmas so I can come to England and meet everyone.

I wished there was something I could do for your help, without you all this would not have been possible.

Thank You All again