Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Need Advice .....

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 13:28

I have been trying to locate an important old friend for an elderly relative, on and off for the last few months and have reached a point where i could use some advice or redirection.

Ive been down many false trails and have spent a few hundred pounds in the last few weeks and would like to know if i spend any more money that its in the right place etc .

The probelm with the search has been that the information is coming from a 72 year old who is very unsure of certain details and this has meant to a newbie like me, a slightly confused and troubled learning curve.

As it stands this is the information i believe to be true :

ath area.

This is where i am stuck -- i cant find any further strong links , and this period of time 1970-1990 seems difficult to research.

There was a rumour around this time that she could have moved to the U.S.A. which although not extremely likely - i should follow up but am unsure how to ?

I have used 192 including Extended archieve search and a few other websites - ive tried looking at deaths in both her and her husbands name but have nothing likely in her name -

I have checked possibilities of third marraige but drawn a re.

I have message 3 people on this site who may have trees with possible info - am awaiting responses .

Anyone got any further advice for me ? and thankyou for any of your time in advance .

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 13:37

ive tried to read a few threads to get upto speed with the site

i will be in and out all day - so appologies in advance if i dont reply to any questions immediately

Flick

Flick Report 10 Nov 2011 13:38

Have you looked at Friendsreunited?

Flick

Flick Report 10 Nov 2011 13:40

There is only ONE birth for the name on freebmd in 1937.............

Using the 1937 birth info produces a record of a brother Michael and a sister Jacqueline

Look at freebmd for full details

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 13:41

no i havent -- ive never really had any personal success with that site

also i feel due to the person being in their 70,s its not as likely to be usefull.

The person im doing this for doesnt even have a TV - let alone computer !!

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 13:45

i have 3 listed : all in essex area : from an ancestry webiste and ive checked the actual PDF records :

All of these are possible however Colchester would be closest main town to possible home at the time

Flick

Flick Report 10 Nov 2011 13:46

Please delete the birth info..........these people are probably alive

And don't under-estimate people in their 70's.................

Flick

Flick Report 10 Nov 2011 13:47

Jillian's parents

Marriages Sep 1935 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bircumshaw Edith E Moore Surrey North Western 2a 1128
Moore Arnold Bircumshaw Surrey N.W. 2a 1128

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 13:50

thankyou for that possible Flick

Out of intrest how did you find the listed brother and sister -- i havent been able to find that on free BDM

and im not meaning to offend or under estimate any body of age !!

i have many relatives that do use facebook etc -- i just havent found that avenue sucessful

Flick

Flick Report 10 Nov 2011 13:56

Just input the surnames........select births...click find

And take note that Jillian's birth wasn't in Essex...............

Flick

Flick Report 10 Nov 2011 14:01

Did this woman have children during any of her marriages?

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 14:01

Thankyou very much for that Flick -- i obviously havent grasped free BDM properly

looks like ill have to spend a bit of time working it out

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 14:05

as far as im aware no -- but now i have a grip on the basics of BDM i may recheck the second marriage

first marraige i believe no children

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 14:23

cant thank you enough for that Flick

seems simple now -- but i really didnt get how to check extra details on BDM - theres so many free sites out there difficult to work out which are good

at least i can re track the basic info and see where that leads

think im still going to be stuck on after 1980 etc but this gives me something to work on meantime

thankyou agian

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Nov 2011 18:51

There are some Foster/Moore children born in Bath in 1975 and 1976.

Could be her children.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Nov 2011 18:56

One is showing in Gloucestershire on electoral rolls up until 2008.

Rose

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 18:58

sorry to pester :)

but can anyone explain where one looks for records of people leaving the country to take up residence in another ?

In this case USA ?

d

d Report 10 Nov 2011 19:01

ROSE

thankyou for that however i get very confused with surname changes

do you think people would often list their original maiden name on giving birth rather than their previous marrage name ?

in the cases of multiple marriages these name changes seem to bring up endless options

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Nov 2011 19:06

The two daughters appear to be on Friendsreunited.

PM me if you want details.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 10 Nov 2011 19:07

Birth certificates have to specify the mother's maiden name.

Rose