Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Family name Vitu

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 22 Nov 2011 19:49

I am looking for anyone with the surname of Vitu, this was the name of my great grandfather, and I have found it hard to find any information on any other parts of the family. :-)

patchem

patchem Report 22 Nov 2011 20:48

Have you looked to see if anyone has it in their trees by using the search boxes above? (2 others appear to have Octavian)

This family?
1881 England Census
Octavian Vitu
Relation: Head Spouse's Name: Spence Vitu
Civil parish: St Giles in The Fields
County/Island: London Country: England
Street Address: 56 Dudley St Condition as to marriage: Married
Sub-registration district: St Giles, North
ED, institution, or vessel: 7c Piece: 327 Folio: 59
Page Number: 4

Octavian Vitu 57
Spence Vitu 46
Walter Vitu 18
Willie Vitu 14
Kate Vitu 9

Source Citation: Class: RG11; Piece: 327; Folio: 59; Page: 4; GSU roll: 1341071.

Carol

Carol Report 22 Nov 2011 21:36

Thank you Patchem.. :-)

patchem

patchem Report 22 Nov 2011 23:36

Carol,
You have not said what information you are looking for, and what you have already found. Which other parts of the family do you want to know about?
Have you already found Octavian in the censuses?
Thanks

Added:
http://www.geni.com/people/Octavian-Vitu/6000000000631780918

jax

jax Report 23 Nov 2011 01:30

To me the request looked like Carol was looking for anyone with the surname Vitu

If you are looking for living people Carol use the search trees to look for any connections.

It looks like the name died out in this country so you may not find any.

Can only see one birth with that surname since 1916 born 1979 but no marriage for him up until 2005

jax

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 23 Nov 2011 02:01

http://www.mundia.com/au/Search/Results?surname=VITU&birthPlace=Australia

Octavian Vitu Douglass (son of Deverson Douglass and Eliza) was born 1859 in Pancras England. He married Ellen Wilmshurst on Dec 1887 in Pancras.

Not much if you GOOGLE
VITU FAMILY TREE

Carol

Carol Report 23 Nov 2011 13:00

The second time of writing this message, but thanks to everyone for the help, will follow the line of Eliza's marriage to Douglas Deverson, I have most of the other information provided, there are now probably no further family left to trace, thanks again.