Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Kenneth William Harding.

Page 1 + 1 of 6

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 17 Jul 2013 02:10

Hi all,
still searching for Kenneth and would welcome any help. Although it has been a long haul, am not giving up yet. Thank you.

Colin

Colin Report 17 May 2013 02:42

Hi all, another bit of info. Kenneth was an apprentice at RAF Halton 1953 - 1956, working on engines. He was billeted in room 11/2. This intake of apprentices have formed their own club and it's called the 7T5 Club. Maybe, this will jog a memory of any of his fellow apprentices.Still searching.

Colin

Colin Report 22 Apr 2013 14:39

Hi All,
Just another nudge, might jog a memory somewhere.

Colin

Colin Report 18 Mar 2013 01:00

Hi all,
just another nudge, Kenneth may now be living in Canada now ?????.
But where ?.

Colin

Colin Report 4 Mar 2013 20:47

Hi All,
just another nudge, still searching thank you.

Colin

Colin Report 21 Feb 2013 01:23

Hi all, Help from Australia required please.
Are there any members that could find in archives/newspapers etc a report of KWH arriving in Australia in 1962 as a stowaway on the ship Oriana. He boarded the ship at Columbo, Sri Lanka bound for Fremantle after hitch hiking from England. He served four weeks in Fremantle Prison for this. On release, he was allowed to stay in Australia.It is not known how long he did stay, maybe only a short while. Any information such as his age, nationality etc would be very helpful. Thank you for any help.
PS Have sent a request to Library Of Australia.

Colin

Colin Report 2 Feb 2013 00:32

Hi All,
just a nudge with a little update. I have now found the new name of Kenneth's adopted brother and his whereabouts, that's the good news. Still no sign of Kenneth yet. Will keep on searching.
Regards
Colin.

Colin

Colin Report 14 Jan 2013 02:22

Hi Margaret,
nice to hear from again. CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a grandmother. Best wishes to you, baby Edward and parents. Do feel free to "look in"anytime.
Regards to you all,
Colin.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 13 Jan 2013 02:05

Hi Colin

It has been a lonely journey for you. Will have another read through to refresh my memory, and see if I have any flashes of inspiration, but no promises of any good ideas.

I've become a grandma in the last year. Baby Edward born June.

Best wishes

Margaret

Colin

Colin Report 29 Dec 2012 23:39

Hi all,
nearly a year has passed and still no nearer to finding Ken's whereabouts,but am still trying. Many thanks to all those people that have helped me in this search. All the best in 1913.

Colin

Colin Report 2 Dec 2012 14:50

Just another nudge, still searching.

Colin

Colin Report 5 Nov 2012 00:55

Just another nudge, still searching.

Colin

Colin Report 21 Oct 2012 01:26

Just another nudge.

Colin

Colin Report 10 Oct 2012 00:03

Hi, just another nudge, still hoping to jog a memory.This seems an impossible task but will keep trying. Thank you for any help.

Colin

Colin Report 22 Sep 2012 23:58

Have had no help from the above departments. The Salvation army will not help because the person requesting the search was herself adopted although the brother she is looking for wasn't. Was told, "it was against the law".?? Any other ideas or help always appreciated. Many thanks.

Colin

Colin Report 12 Sep 2012 23:16

Hi Kingsmill, thanks for that information and will certainly give it a try.
Colin.

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 12 Sep 2012 04:28

Pension Tracing Service
The Pension service
Tyneview Park
Whitley Road,
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE98 1BA

Contact the Pension Tracing Service by phone

You can phone the Pension Tracing Service on:

Tel: 0845 6002 537 (lines are open 8.00 am to 6.00 pm)
Tel: +44 191 215 4491 (if you're dialling from overseas)
Textphone: 0845 3000 169

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above it is not 100% the correct one but may help you

I have not reread the thread BUT you would NEED his exact date of birth

The other way is write to the PASSPORT OFFICE to ask if they ever issued a passport OR if he still has a current one.
It may fall under Data Protection but they may just say they have never issued one.
( I wrote years ago about my lost uncle & was told never issued one etc under his birth name, he was fostered not adopted )

. :-) :-|

Colin

Colin Report 12 Sep 2012 02:18

Hi to all,
a question to all our learned friends out there.
Please, is it possible to find out a NI number of a person and request if the DWP are paying a pension to that person, and where. As some pensions are even paid to overseas pensioners. This would give me some clue as to if the person I am trying to locate is still living and perhaps overseas. I am unable to find a death entry using the normal criteria. Many thanks for any positive answers.

Colin

Colin Report 29 Aug 2012 00:53

Just another "nudge" although I have been away from the computer for a while, I am still searching.

Colin

Colin Report 4 Aug 2012 02:38

Just another "nudge" to say I'm still searching. Any further help very welcome.