Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Kenneth William Harding.

Page 2 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 20 May 2012 23:23

Colin
What transpired from your meeting with the daugter of the godmother?

Colin

Colin Report 13 May 2012 02:15

Hi all,
very sorry about "hiccup" above, the screen was telling me that there was an error, try again. I did and look what happened. Still searching for Kenneth.

Colin

Colin Report 2 May 2012 23:47

Hi all,
just an up date to say I have now heard from Canada, with a negative result, although, I must add that I'm not totally convinced but will keep looking. Any further help always appreciated thank you.

Colin

Colin Report 2 May 2012 23:45

Hi all,
just an up date to say I have now heard from Canada, with a negative result, although, I must add that I'm not totally convinced but will keep looking. Any further help always appreciated thank you.

Colin

Colin Report 2 May 2012 23:43

Hi all,

Colin

Colin Report 2 May 2012 23:42

Hi all,

Colin

Colin Report 25 Apr 2012 00:45

Thank you Lynski for that information, It is due to people on this site like yourself that helps this old duffer learn these things.
Thanks to all.

Lynski

Lynski Report 24 Apr 2012 02:44

To edit your title you click on the edit button at the top just above your original request.

You can then change the title and the information in your original opening post.

Colin

Colin Report 24 Apr 2012 02:05

Just another update. Have found a daughter of Kenneths godmother and are to meet for the first time, this week. Hoping this may prove helpful.

Colin

Colin Report 16 Apr 2012 02:09

Hi all,
I 'm still of the opinion that Kenneth does have a Canadian connection in Alberta. Although having made many attempts, I am still awaiting answers.
Any other help would be very welcome.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 25 Mar 2012 23:40

Info re-sent. Don't know why first one didn't get there.

Colin

Colin Report 24 Mar 2012 19:27

Hi Madmeg,

the PM does not have appeared to arrived, not sure how to amend the thread title, but will have a go. Thanks.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 22 Mar 2012 23:34

Hi Colin

You mean KWH was a stowaway?

It might be worth you amending the title of your thread to Looking for Kenneth William Harding in Alberta. That might alert some of our many Canadian members.

PM sent with possible connections.

Colin

Colin Report 21 Mar 2012 11:38

Hi All,
update, Have found on the internet, this person may have been found as a stowaway on the P&O liner "Oriana" bound for Australia From Sri Lanka in 1962, after hitch hiking from the UK. He was imprisoned for four weeks at Freemantle but was allowed to stay in OZ??. It is now thought that he may be living in Sangudo, Alberta, Canada. Any help always appreciated thank you. Regards, Colin.

Colin

Colin Report 18 Mar 2012 23:42

Hi All,
just a nudge.

Colin

Colin Report 11 Mar 2012 23:32

Still searching. Any further help very much appreciated.
Regards Colin.

Colin

Colin Report 6 Mar 2012 00:08

Hi Madmeg,
and thank you. ;-) ;-)

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 5 Mar 2012 20:07

But I did want to highlight what I read elsewhere - it is drawing Colin's (and other readers of this thread) to dangers they might not have thought about.

My conscience is clear.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 3 Mar 2012 07:26

Madmeg,

In all respect.......what ever your views,you cannot make **public demands** on here for **Delete Pronto** of posts on another website,!

that site has facilities to direct contact as does this site.a better alternative ! if you dont wish to draw attention to what you read elesewhere.

Just a point of interest.....the birth name of an adoptee doesnt come in the radar of data protection.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 3 Mar 2012 01:00

Kay, I may not have a right, but I do have a responsibility to advise posters on unwise postings. You will notice that as soon as I posted the message on here, I deleted the name of the friend referred to on missing-you.net.

Colin has chosen to leave it there. So a quick google for Kenneth William Harding (or any of the other names Colin has mentioned) pulls it up.

The post (in fact four posts) on that website are already "widely known", as is one on a regional-specific website. The whole world is now au-faiz with the details of these people, including birth names and birth dates of several living people. And the adoptive name of his friend.

With all respect, I would not be happy with myself if I did not highlight the danger.