Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Kenneth William Harding.

Page 1 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Flick

Flick Report 19 Jan 2012 16:13

Has the sister added her details to the adoption contact register?

If not............perhaps she should consider it

Colin

Colin Report 19 Jan 2012 22:52

Flick,
Many thanks for your latest info which is of great interest. Lincolnshire is/was another aircraft industral area, which may have a link with W H F Harding. Have taken your advice, a death certificate is now being sought.

The sister has been registered on the adoption contact list since 1994.

Colin

Colin Report 21 Jan 2012 13:48

Flick,
The above death cert is on it's way and also the marriage cert for Mabel and William. Am told it will take about ten days to arrive. Hoping we will find some more and positive clues. thanks again to you and all others that are helping.

Flick

Flick Report 21 Jan 2012 22:26

Thanks for the update, Colin.....please keep us posted when the paperwork arrives

Colin

Colin Report 26 Jan 2012 11:28

Hi Flick,
Have now received death cert for, W H F Harding. the informant was a Florence Caroline Harding, widow of the deceased. Not quite what we hoped for.I have tried to find a marriage record for these two, but no luck. It would be very much appreciated if you would cast your expert eye on it. The cert for his first marriage is proving to be a bit difficult, Surrey C C say they have no record of it, as it may have been a church wedding, now requested from GRO and may take up to three weeks.Thank you for your much valued help. Please keep looking.

Flick

Flick Report 26 Jan 2012 16:14

Harold W F Harding Jan-Feb-Mar 1961 Lewes Sussex married Florence C Dale

Colin

Colin Report 26 Jan 2012 22:53

Hi Flick,
your latest info gives the name as Harold W F Harding and not William Harold F Harding. Is it possible this could be an error??. I actually lived in that area during that period of time. How "spooky" is that.

Flick

Flick Report 26 Jan 2012 22:56

You must always allow for slight differences in names...............

Colin

Colin Report 26 Jan 2012 23:56

Point taken, it is back to the drawing board. The search for Kenneth William Harding is becoming a nightmare. Can find no marriage, death or overseas record for him. Where the "heck" is he?. I feel sure the two entries on the trees is him, all the details are match perfect. None of the messages have been opened. Is it at all possible to find out when those entries were put on, they are under two membership numbers? Thanks.

Colin

Colin Report 31 Jan 2012 01:27

Hello again,
refering to my last posting and the final sentence about the approx dates the "trees" entry were made, I had noticed that on some other peoples requests, this information was actually given.
Can anyone please help me on this information.
Many thanks.

Colin

Colin Report 6 Feb 2012 02:13

Hello again,
please refer to my posting of the 31st January 2012. Is there any one of you learned people out there that can supply me with those details. I thank you all so much for previous help given. It maybe that we are never going to find this man, such a pity, I would have been delighted to see the brother and sister brought together for their very first time. Many thanks.

Colin

Colin Report 13 Feb 2012 00:21

Hi to all,
There maybe an Australian conection to this man, as it is now believed he "hitch hiked" there in 1961/2. perhaps he did not return to UK as thought, but are still searching. Any help still very much appreciated thank you.

Colin

Colin Report 22 Feb 2012 00:29

Hi to all,
Have an update, Kenneth did go to Australia, married and had two children. In 1974 he returned to the UK with his family and stayed with his mother for a few weeks. He has not been heard of since. His parents moved from Somerset to Chatham in Kent aprox 1946/7 where they later parted. It is now known that Kenneth did in fact stay with his father William Harding until entering the RAF Halton as an apprentice in 1953 to 1956. Any further help will still be very much appreciated.

Colin

Colin Report 29 Feb 2012 00:37

Hi to all again,
another update from last posting. Kenneth , in 1974, stayed with his mother and stepfather for several weeks at Southdown Road, Minster, Isle of Sheppey. I feel sure he would have left his mother with a forwarding address and kept in contact with her until she passed away in 1988. Having said that, he was not known to be at her funeral. Any further info would be very much appreciated.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 29 Feb 2012 16:35

Colin, you must remove your post from missing-you.net - the rule about using such website/chatrooms or whatever is to never post anything that you wouldn't be happy to see plastered all over the front page of the tabloid press, you have given far too much detail for it to be safe.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 29 Feb 2012 23:12

Funeral Directors in the area may have records as to who arranged Mabel's funeral and what address the person gave. That might turn up Kenneth, or someone who knows what happened to him. If you are able to, knocking on neighbours' doors might be a way forward. Hey, it sounds crude, but I made contact with a chap on the Alzheimers website who was helping his friend to find his estranged children before he died - and I suggested knocking on doors and (having found a few doors for him to knock on), he did it, and he found them and it was a tearful, but happy ending to his life.

Google Kenneth William Harding or any of the people you've mentioned, and your friend is there in great detail. Delete it pronto.

Best wishes

Madmeg

Colin

Colin Report 1 Mar 2012 01:53

Hi Madmeg,
have checked out the funeral details, Kenneth was known not to have attended? Have also checked the other site you mentioned, Thanks.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 1 Mar 2012 09:07

Madmeg,

With all respect......you have no right to demand on GR to Colin posts he has placed on another site be ***deleted pronto***.

you have infact made it widely known that he has now.!
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheila

Sheila Report 1 Mar 2012 23:56

Colin

You say he returned with his wife and family to England in 1974 any ideas of their name, the chances are they returned to Australia but migration records only show up till 1960.
Does you friend have any idea of which agency arranged the adoption ? given you looking at the war years , it may be that she had an affair whilst her husband was posted away. Happened many times.
By the way is it you who had Kenneth in his tree on here ?

Colin

Colin Report 2 Mar 2012 01:04

Sheila,

Thank you for your reply. Have no idea of the wife or childrens names and Kenneth is not on my tree. My friend has requested help from the Social Services to locate her other adopted brother of whom she has no knowledge other than his registered birth name. Kenneth was the eldest and the only one out of three that was not adopted. There are two tree entries on here for Kenneth, and look like they were put on by himself as everything matches. I have sent four messages to each, but none have been opened. It would seem that these two entries, under different membership no's were placed about 2006/7. His father did not get "posted away" during the war years, as he was an engineer in the aircraft industry, Don't know about the affair bit, but anything could have happened