Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Kenneth William Harding.

Page 3 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 21 May 2012 00:42

Hi Madmeg,
Yes, the meeting went very well, I'm pleased to say. The two ladies got on fine and soon established a firm bond. In the short time of them knowing of each other they have become, I believe, friends for life. They phone or e-mail each other most days. But alas, still no firm sight of Kenneth

Colin

Colin Report 9 Jun 2012 01:14

Just a nudge to say I'm still searching. Any further help would be gratefully received. Many thanks for previous help.

EvieBeavie

EvieBeavie Report 12 Jun 2012 04:14

A few things that may not have been considered ...

If a married woman had a child with a man who was not her husband, the child had to be registered as if it was a child of the marriage, that is, in the mother's husband's surname.

Sometimes there was a double registration (or later re-registration) to show the real father's name.

If the child was placed for adoption at birth this would not likely have been done, as the reason it was done was to allow the birth father to acknowledge paternity and allow the child to use his surname.

So probably the daughter at least was not actually a child of Harding's. If the two children were placed for adoption it seems that the mother was not in a permanent relationship with their father (or fathers). I would not ordinarily go into such detail but as it is the daughter herself asking ...

There is a considerable time between their birth and the marriage to Mr Hubbard so it is perhaps not likely he was their father.

the most likely birth for Mr Hubbard (Gordon with no middle name) was in 1924 in Kent

there is no death for that name to 2006 (the death in 2005 is for a different person whose birth was registered in 1925) ... he could still be living but it would be a long shot

He and his brothers are listed in a query posted here last year:

http://www.familyhistory.uk.com/index.php?option=com_classifieds&searchadv=&catid=22&type=8

to find his siblings' details go to freebmd and look for births in Kent with surname Hubbard and mother Martin

http://freebmd.rootsweb.com/cgi/search.pl

This may be something we will want to delete ... someone has Gordon Hubbard born 1924 in Chatham in their tree here at genes reunited and it is possible it is the man himself.

I would guess that Mr Hubbard was previously married in Kent in 1947.

I would certainly try making contact with that gr member to see whether he knows anything of Mabel and her children.

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 12 Jun 2012 05:20

Using above data , looks very possible Gordon marrying again in 1987 after Mabel's death & they are on the 2012 192.com.

Even if Gordon may not be able help, you may get photos of Mabel.
But then you do mention he stayed with his mum & step-dad so he may have kept in touch.

GOOD LUCK

Colin

Colin Report 15 Jun 2012 01:05

EvieBeavie
Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and for your comments.
Have tried to send you a PM but was not able to as your account may be deleted ??

Colin

Colin Report 15 Jun 2012 01:42

KINGSMILL,
thanks for your reply.
Have sent PM.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Jun 2012 02:34

Not sure if you have this but here's Kenneth's father's birth registration:

Births Jun 1910
HARDING Harold William F Wandsworth 1d 646

Tracking down his other relatives might help.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 15 Jun 2012 02:36

I believe you are unable to access missing-you.net if you live outside the UK.

Even if he sees your messages on Google he will be unable to respond.

Rose

Colin

Colin Report 28 Jun 2012 02:20

Many thanks for recent help, I think I know just about everything about this guy EXCEPT his whereabouts. So, still searching. :

Colin

Colin Report 12 Jul 2012 02:08

Just a nudge to say that I'm still searching.

Colin

Colin Report 4 Aug 2012 02:38

Just another "nudge" to say I'm still searching. Any further help very welcome.

Colin

Colin Report 29 Aug 2012 00:53

Just another "nudge" although I have been away from the computer for a while, I am still searching.

Colin

Colin Report 12 Sep 2012 02:18

Hi to all,
a question to all our learned friends out there.
Please, is it possible to find out a NI number of a person and request if the DWP are paying a pension to that person, and where. As some pensions are even paid to overseas pensioners. This would give me some clue as to if the person I am trying to locate is still living and perhaps overseas. I am unable to find a death entry using the normal criteria. Many thanks for any positive answers.

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 12 Sep 2012 04:28

Pension Tracing Service
The Pension service
Tyneview Park
Whitley Road,
Newcastle Upon Tyne
NE98 1BA

Contact the Pension Tracing Service by phone

You can phone the Pension Tracing Service on:

Tel: 0845 6002 537 (lines are open 8.00 am to 6.00 pm)
Tel: +44 191 215 4491 (if you're dialling from overseas)
Textphone: 0845 3000 169

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Above it is not 100% the correct one but may help you

I have not reread the thread BUT you would NEED his exact date of birth

The other way is write to the PASSPORT OFFICE to ask if they ever issued a passport OR if he still has a current one.
It may fall under Data Protection but they may just say they have never issued one.
( I wrote years ago about my lost uncle & was told never issued one etc under his birth name, he was fostered not adopted )

. :-) :-|

Colin

Colin Report 12 Sep 2012 23:16

Hi Kingsmill, thanks for that information and will certainly give it a try.
Colin.

Colin

Colin Report 22 Sep 2012 23:58

Have had no help from the above departments. The Salvation army will not help because the person requesting the search was herself adopted although the brother she is looking for wasn't. Was told, "it was against the law".?? Any other ideas or help always appreciated. Many thanks.

Colin

Colin Report 10 Oct 2012 00:03

Hi, just another nudge, still hoping to jog a memory.This seems an impossible task but will keep trying. Thank you for any help.

Colin

Colin Report 21 Oct 2012 01:26

Just another nudge.

Colin

Colin Report 5 Nov 2012 00:55

Just another nudge, still searching.

Colin

Colin Report 2 Dec 2012 14:50

Just another nudge, still searching.