Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for Kenneth William Harding.

Page 4 + 1 of 5

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Colin

Colin Report 29 Dec 2012 23:39

Hi all,
nearly a year has passed and still no nearer to finding Ken's whereabouts,but am still trying. Many thanks to all those people that have helped me in this search. All the best in 1913.

Madmeg

Madmeg Report 13 Jan 2013 02:05

Hi Colin

It has been a lonely journey for you. Will have another read through to refresh my memory, and see if I have any flashes of inspiration, but no promises of any good ideas.

I've become a grandma in the last year. Baby Edward born June.

Best wishes

Margaret

Colin

Colin Report 14 Jan 2013 02:22

Hi Margaret,
nice to hear from again. CONGRATULATIONS on becoming a grandmother. Best wishes to you, baby Edward and parents. Do feel free to "look in"anytime.
Regards to you all,
Colin.

Colin

Colin Report 2 Feb 2013 00:32

Hi All,
just a nudge with a little update. I have now found the new name of Kenneth's adopted brother and his whereabouts, that's the good news. Still no sign of Kenneth yet. Will keep on searching.
Regards
Colin.

Colin

Colin Report 21 Feb 2013 01:23

Hi all, Help from Australia required please.
Are there any members that could find in archives/newspapers etc a report of KWH arriving in Australia in 1962 as a stowaway on the ship Oriana. He boarded the ship at Columbo, Sri Lanka bound for Fremantle after hitch hiking from England. He served four weeks in Fremantle Prison for this. On release, he was allowed to stay in Australia.It is not known how long he did stay, maybe only a short while. Any information such as his age, nationality etc would be very helpful. Thank you for any help.
PS Have sent a request to Library Of Australia.

Colin

Colin Report 4 Mar 2013 20:47

Hi All,
just another nudge, still searching thank you.

Colin

Colin Report 18 Mar 2013 01:00

Hi all,
just another nudge, Kenneth may now be living in Canada now ?????.
But where ?.

Colin

Colin Report 22 Apr 2013 14:39

Hi All,
Just another nudge, might jog a memory somewhere.

Colin

Colin Report 17 May 2013 02:42

Hi all, another bit of info. Kenneth was an apprentice at RAF Halton 1953 - 1956, working on engines. He was billeted in room 11/2. This intake of apprentices have formed their own club and it's called the 7T5 Club. Maybe, this will jog a memory of any of his fellow apprentices.Still searching.

Colin

Colin Report 17 Jul 2013 02:10

Hi all,
still searching for Kenneth and would welcome any help. Although it has been a long haul, am not giving up yet. Thank you.

Colin

Colin Report 10 Sep 2013 01:34

Hi all,
still have not found Kenneth as yet, but have found an adopted brother of his. He is to meet his adopted sister this Tuesday 10th Sept. " WOW " After 70 years, this will be their very first meeting. This brother has traveled from Canada.Will continue to search for Kenneth.

Colin

Colin Report 23 Nov 2013 01:46

Hi All,
lots have happened this last year, but still no signs of Kenneth.
We are still searching. Is there anyone in Canada that knows of the Rocking K D Ranch, Sangudo ie, proprietor's nationality, age etc. Please PM me with any details.
Many thanks,

Colin

Colin Report 3 Dec 2013 18:08

Hi All,
just another nudge, still searching.

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 3 Dec 2013 23:51

I confess to not wanting to read the entire thread but I did skim through a little because I could not understand this

'Rocking K D Ranch, Sangudo ie'

but I see back a page or two that this is a place in Alberta Canada

so I googled it ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangudo,_Alberta

'In the 2011 Census, Sangudo had a population of 320 living in 149 of its 177 total dwellings'

I would feel pretty sure that if a letter was sent addressed 'Sangudo Alberta Canada' it would probably reach the addressee :-)

a little more googling finds that it is in area code 780

eg http://www.centralalberta.worldweb.com/Sangudo/ToursActivities/GuestRanches/

so you could try contacting that ranch to see whether they know anything about the one you are inquiring about

I am editing because I had got confused ... KWH is the man's birth name but is not his present name ... the mother he visited from Australia was his adoptive mother ? :-S

if I have not got it right and he does go by the name KWH

http://www.canada411.ca

just look for the name in question in Alberta, there is a listing in 780 with no further address details

where did you get the name Rocking KD Ranch ??

You do know that it doesn't matter if you never 'nudge' a thread, google will find it all the same if someone is looking ...

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Dec 2013 00:47

I thought of something to keep you busy :-)

go to google

do this search

site:www.canada411.ca "sangudo"

this will get you every telephone listing in Sangudo Alberta

don't be shocked when you see '6,960 results'

when you go to the last page of results you will see there are only 183 results and many of them are duplicates, and the last 30 or so are irrelevant

You could probably rule out French or Slavic or Germanic names for example, and that seems to account for a majority

I'm not sure what you could do with these but there is the info if it does any good !

Colin

Colin Report 7 Dec 2013 00:50

Thank you Liz.

Colin

Colin Report 6 Jan 2014 02:08

Hello again,
just another nudge, and hoping it may jog a memory.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 30 Jan 2014 11:06

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/military_chat/thread/1334120

Colin

Colin Report 25 Feb 2014 00:35

Hi,
just another nudge.

Colin

Colin Report 12 Apr 2014 02:18

Hi,
just another nudge.