Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for John and Susan Lammyman, HELP!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 19 Feb 2012 19:29

I am looking for John and Susan Lammyman, brother and sister born in 1945 and 1946 in Huddersfield. They are the long lost half siblings of my Grandma. My Grandma is desperate to find the siblings she never knew existed. PLEASE HELP ME!

FLOWERS

FLOWERS Report 19 Feb 2012 20:47

Hi Sarah, try 192.com, if you get no answers put an article in the local Huddersfield paper. Good Luck x

FLOWERS

FLOWERS Report 19 Feb 2012 20:53

There are 2 Lammyman's listed on 192.com,
put in Lammyman ( no 1st initial ) in West Yorkshire. They could be John's sons. x

FLOWERS

FLOWERS Report 19 Feb 2012 21:02

P.M, Sent to Sarah with possible addresses.

Sheila

Sheila Report 19 Feb 2012 21:07

Hi Sarah

Given that the MMN name is also Lammyman , did they stay with her or where they adopted ?

jax

jax Report 19 Feb 2012 21:30

Who's address's did you send Flowers I cannot see any trace of John or Susan after they were born.

Did you advise Sarah to return to this thread?

Maybe she ought to before she starts sending random strangers letters

I think adoption could of been probable Shelia

FLOWERS

FLOWERS Report 19 Feb 2012 21:34

I sent Sarah 2 addresses & telephone no's. in Huddersfield explaining they could be possible relatives only It will be worth her phoning them to see if they are related.

Sheila

Sheila Report 19 Feb 2012 21:36

Me too Jax, can find nothing after their birth and also the only person who has them in here tree on here is Samanatha :-( fingers crossed I am wrong though.

jax

jax Report 19 Feb 2012 21:44

True they could be relatives as there seems to be quite a few Lammymans in Huddersfield

If these two were adopted it may not be common knowledge to the whole family

As Sarah is new to the boards she may not come back to the thread if it is not mentioned in the pm

FLOWERS

FLOWERS Report 19 Feb 2012 21:46

It's been mentioned as a possibility :-)

jax

jax Report 19 Feb 2012 22:09

Yes it is a possibility....but of what? there are many Lammymans in Huddersfield none called John or Susan

You said they could be John's sons??? need to find a marriage first dont you think?

We need Sarah to come back and confirm what she may know like did they stay with their mother or not?

If they were adopted then they would not be Lammyman now anyway

Sarah

Sarah Report 21 Feb 2012 00:02

Hi,

Thanks for your replies,
I have been in contact with a cousin of John and Susan. She said that their surname was the same as their mothers because they were born before their parents married. She says they lived with both their parents, and were not adopted. She lost touch with them after their mother died and has no idea where they might be. She mentioned that Susan moved to Silverstone after she married, but I cannot find a marriage for Susan and therefore do not have her surname.

Sarah

Sarah Report 21 Feb 2012 00:29

I'm not sure if this additional information will help but.....

Edward Baxter married Margaret Campbell in 1940 and had my Grandma Judith Baxter in 1942. He was at the time having an affair with his dance partner Sylvia Lammyman and later left his wife and daughter for her. Edward and Sylvia then had the John and Susan in question before marrying in 1950. My Grandma (Judith) never heard from her father after he left her mother and I do not know if John and Susan ever knew about their father's past and their half-sister. It seems that all of these people were born or lived in Huddersfield.

jax

jax Report 21 Feb 2012 02:04

So the children may have the surname Baxter after the parents married?

There is a marriage for a Susan in 1965 and a couple for a John in Huddersfield in the 70s

They both had the middle inital of B which probably stood for Baxter so if they took on their fathers name they may have dropped the middle name

jax

jax Report 21 Feb 2012 02:53

Births Jun 1918 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lammyman Sylvia Ellis Huddersfield 9a 385

??

Name: Sylvia Baxter
Birth Date: 19 Apr 1918
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1974
Age at Death: 56
Registration district: East Staffordshire
Inferred County: Staffordshire
Volume: 30
Page: 0663

The marriage I found for Susan possibly had children in staffordshire could this be her?

jax

jax Report 3 Mar 2012 05:02

Wonder if this is her fathers death? looks likely

Civil registration event: Death
Name: BAXTER, Edward Shires
Registration district: [?] Huddersfield
County: Yorkshire
Year of registration: 2006
Month of registration: August
Date of Birth:19 June 1919

District no: 0891D
Reg no: B70D
Ent no: 108
DOR: 806

Births Sep 1919 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baxter Edward S Turner Huddersfield 9a 416

Marriages Sep 1940 (>99%)

Baxter Edward S Campbell Huddersfield 9a 1125
Campbell Margaret A Baxter Huddersfield 9a 1125

Maybe you should get either of the death certs of Sylvia in Stafffordshire or Edward to see who registered the deaths

Just to say I did pm sarah a week ago to say I had added more info, pm read but no reply

jax

jax Report 3 Mar 2012 05:26

There is also a marriage for Edward S Baxter in 1984 and he is on the ER up until 2006 His wife looks like she is still alive and living in Huddersfield...So if you get his death cert it looks like she is still at the same address as Edward has not been removed...could be wrong but looks likely as there are no children for them that I can see

Maybe she knows where John and Susan are?