Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

The British Newspaper Archive

British Newspaper Archive

Read about historical events at the time they were happening. Perhaps you'll discover your ancestor in their local newspaper?

Start searching

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Whalley family of Huguenot descent

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Reggie

Reggie Report 30 Mar 2012 15:53

Name: Alice F Hodges
Birth Date: abt 1906
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1964
Age at Death: 58
Registration district: Stepney
Inferred County: London
Volume: 5d
Page: 557

Births on freebmd of 3 probable children

Reggie

Reggie Report 2 Apr 2012 14:23

I don't know if you've tried to do any research yourself.

These are later children for the Henmans

Births Mar 1912 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Henman Henry Fuller Stepney 1c 629

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Sep 1913 (>99%)

Henman Gladys Fuller Stepney 1c 569

Births Dec 1914 (>99%)

HENMAN Catherine Fuller Stepney 1c 506

Have you had any response from the GR members with whom you tried to make contact?

Reggie

Reggie Report 2 Apr 2012 14:25

Name: Henry Henman
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1912
Date of Registration: Apr-May-Jun 1912
Age at Death: 0
Registration district: Stepney
Inferred County: London
Volume: 1c
Page: 334 (click to see others on page)

Reggie

Reggie Report 2 Apr 2012 14:27

Try looking for Catherine's marriage (if there was one) and then tell us her married name, so that we can look for a death

There is so much you can do yourself........

valerie

valerie Report 2 Apr 2012 15:20

Hi Reggie. Thank you for your E Mail. I do not think we have the same family of Henman's. My mothers brothers and sisters were called Lily, Freddie, May, Alice and Arthur. We do not have a Catherine in our tree.

Kind regards

Valerie

valerie

valerie Report 2 Apr 2012 15:36

Reggie, I do have to aplogise for the last memo I sent you. I have since checked with my eldest sister who is 85 and she confirms that we did in fact have an aunt catherine. I did not know this. Thats something else i know now.

As i said I am new to GR but I have had some contact with other members and found a 4th cousin. No doubt as i get used to using the site things will be easier for me.

Thank you once again for all your help. I really do appreciate it.

Many thanks

Valerie

Reggie

Reggie Report 2 Apr 2012 16:05

Delighted to hear that you have made a contact throught the site.