Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tracey

Tracey Report 20 Apr 2012 00:44

Hi

some time ago i posted that i was looking for a John Melbourne..................i have gone through all my threads and messages and can not find the one bit of info im after.

Some one kindly got me quite a numerous amount of names , addresses and telephone numbers for me to contact, i managed to contact three of and no joy.

However i have lately been speaking with a lovely person and may just have found the person im looking for, but unfortunately he has sadly passed away.. However im not totally convinced this is who they say it is. Some parts of what i asked matched and some totally dont.........some what of mixed messages.............the point being my uncle stipulated to me that he married and had further children..................this person is claiming this is not the case????? so im still very confused...................

Can any one help in what i should do??

many thanks

Lynski

Lynski Report 20 Apr 2012 01:26

Other thread?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1270330

Penny

Penny Report 20 Apr 2012 06:16

I dont suppose the name 'John Melbourne' is unique.

Maybe this person doesn't know everything about this John Melbourne

Sue In Yorkshire.

Sue In Yorkshire. Report 20 Apr 2012 12:16

Do you have a middle name for John Melbourne as there are roughly 6/7 deaths in Lincolnshire.

Tracey

Tracey Report 20 Apr 2012 22:03

with regards to deleting other threads.i dont know what i have done. had no intentions of doing so, might have accidentally done it. not been on for a while.

with regards to my uncle saying he married and had other children.this was after 1971, not sure what year or whereabouts. just know he had more then one child when he married..................My mother doesnt recal him having a middle name..................

x

Tracey

Tracey Report 20 Apr 2012 22:06

hi

i have some info about John, could you find out if ever anyone heard of the pub..............The Wildlife pub, off Lincoln Rd, Down Birchwood ave , an esate down there somwhere is were John used to live, this would have been 1969/1970. mum cant remeber of estate, but remembers this pub,

also Skellingthorpe area....

jax

jax Report 20 Apr 2012 22:17

The Pub is still there if you google it

Tracey

Tracey Report 22 Apr 2012 10:35

yes i know the pub is still there. but its not that that im looking for ................im after the person who kindly messaged me witha list of names , addresses and telephone numbers..

ty x

jax

jax Report 22 Apr 2012 13:32

If You were messaged with this info it should still be in your contacts?

Or the person who sent it may not be using the site now, they could of even deleted their account so all trace of private messages would have gone.

Kenneth

Kenneth Report 22 Apr 2012 16:47

Have sent PM, John Melbourne [ has sister called Susan ] marriage and
birth of children all recorded Lincoln, 1967 to 1970, daughter has
GR Tree.

Tracey

Tracey Report 22 Apr 2012 20:56

thanks for that Kenneth, not too sure about siblings though or names ................and members of my family were not aware at time or meet any of then..................... only knew John in 1970.........and went to the pub mentioned, and worked with my uncle...............

x

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 23 Apr 2012 20:51

im after the person who kindly messaged me witha list of names , addresses and telephone numbers..
------------------------------------------------------------

Have you looked in your OLD messages

Tracey

Tracey Report 24 Apr 2012 09:07

yes i h ave thanks..........................its gone... like another member said above, unless the origianl person who sent it to me is no longer a user and has deleted account then thats the only way i would not have it any more. i did copy it down but then laptop buggered up and lost it all.............:( But it is a John S Melbourne that im now looking for . i have possible leads now with his other siblings. Doing alot of searching before i contact his sister, dont want to look a fool lol

Tracey

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 25 Apr 2012 15:00

nnn

Tracey

Tracey Report 25 Apr 2012 15:15

hi, the name may ring a bell.

Im looking for John S Melbourne and were is where abouts is now if possible. (if he is still alive).

I cannot find any recorded deaths of him.

John was born in Nottingham 1944, and married twice over, has two possible daughters....but not sure if he had any other children to second wife (Martha Edwards) Both times married in Liconshire..............

i dont know if he is still married to Martha or if he has moved since.........

One of johns sisters live in the area of LN6 8RU ( Lincoln)

but any knowlegde as to were he could be now would be really appreciated......................

Many thanks xx

(ps i have had no luck or contact form one of his daughters that i have messaged on here :(

If any text in this message is wrong please let me know .................

Tracey

Tracey Report 2 May 2012 10:56

bump.

still looking for John Melbourne.............born around 1940s.......................not sure were he was born, but was around the skellinthorpe area in the late 60s early 70s...................................knew he married in the 70s , not sure when..............had children, not sure how many....................... any info greatly appreciated thanks xx

Tracey

Tracey Report 3 May 2012 21:35

bump.

Lynski

Lynski Report 3 May 2012 22:35

Is this the same person?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/living_relatives/thread/1298967

Tracey

Tracey Report 3 May 2012 22:40

arghhhh it jumping all over the place . running dead slow .................im trying to get it back on this thread.....................

any way ref to the last post above i had letter back, it was some what confusing, im not totally convinced...............im just after some other options ,

Had a reply thet it was not her i was looking for, the letter was not very clear, and seams to be in refernce to her and her husbands family.................not mentioning John!!!!!!!! so didnt know weather to re write and just ask again and point out what info she gave me wasnt specific??????

what do you think??

Rambling

Rambling Report 3 May 2012 22:46

Tracey, I am concerned that unless you are sure of your facts here you may very well be upsetting families... after all you have contacted one person who seemingly is not involved...can you not find out a bit more from your family first?

To give you an example of what I mean here...my name is the same as someone else, born the same year, same location more or less...if my son googled my name and saw that someone of my name was an absent parent to someone, imagine how he would feel and what upset it could cause my family.