Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Genes Extras

Genes Reunited subscription bonuses

As a way of saying thank you to our subscribers, we have launched Genes Extras. You'll find exclusive competitions and discounts on family history magazines, days out and much more.

Take me to Genes Extras

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This is ONLY for information.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham Report 31 Jul 2015 17:20

The very first sentance on this thread: "Please post a separate thread if searching for someone. Thank you."

Gerald Report 25 Jun 2015 11:56

Looking for John Drew born 1964 in Wodbridge Suffolk.

SylviaInCanada Report 30 Apr 2015 18:24

Sandra and Elizabeth ...

This is a thread by a member offering advice on HOW to use the GR Boards to get help

You will not get help on this thread.

Please post your own threads, preferably on Living Ancestors if you are seeking possibly living people.

Sandra ............ I do hope that the help you offer is free. It is against GR's T&Cs to tout for paid services.

Elizabeth Report 29 Apr 2015 11:45

Looking for Kathleen Lovelock, daughter of Margaret (nee Dunne) and Henry Lovelock of 19 Rantson Street Marylebone London. As as i know she has two children Wendy and Jimmy. Please contact me if you have any information.
Many thanks

JoonieCloonie Report 4 Feb 2015 23:13

I have a suggestion for helper members that I thought might catch their eye in this thread :-)

the Living Relatives board is the place where new posters are the least likely to know anything about family history research

so I am wondering whether the shorthand we use amongst ourselves might be confusing to them

asking someone what a person's MMN was ... it took me some time to figure out that this was Mother's Maiden Name, way back when, and I imagine most people who are just looking for a family member and know nothing about family history would have no idea what that means ... and quite young people might not even be familiar with the rather antique expression 'maiden name'

with no context for them, 'What was his MMN?' looks like Martian I'm sure

similarly MC for Marriage Certificate and so on ... and strange short forms like 'rego' ...

and 'Have you looked on freebmd?' without any explanation of what freebmd is or how one looks on it ...

(I am never without a freebmd tab open in a window, so I can take a break from work and have a go at somebody's ancestors, sometimes even my own ... so when I refer to freebmd I can just copy and paste the link quickly)

I think one might resign one's self to posters on this board being a little bit clueless and needing things spelled out for them ... literally :-D

Graham Report 16 Apr 2014 19:45

Sidney. You'll probably get more joy by starting a new thread. ;-)

Sidney Report 16 Apr 2014 16:25

My name is Sidney Kirkpatrick, I am trying to locate my possible son or daughter born in about mid 1954 in either Germany or England, his or her mother's name was Ursula Davenport. I was in the Army when I was ordered to take six weeks leave as I hadn't had UK leave for two years, while on leave I broke my leg and was not allowed back to Germany as after convalescence I only has three months left in the Army, so I was kept in England. I have tried every thing that I know to find Ursula with out luck.

jax Report 16 Mar 2014 15:47

Did you read any of the previous comments on this thread?

Dundas Report 16 Mar 2014 04:14

My maternal Grandfather, Arthur Hyde Chambers (with or without the hyphen) was initially married to Annie Middleton in the late 1800's. They were married in the U. K. I am attempting to complete my family tree on the maternal side and would appreciate any information on this union and what children they may have had.

Graham Report 24 Feb 2014 17:03

I wonder if people are getting confused over the title of this thread. Prehaps some people might think this is where to post if they only want information about their relatives :-S Just a thought...

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jan 2014 19:39

Squeak - did you notice the title of this thread? It says "This is ONLY for information."

For assistance in finding living relatives, post a separate NEW thread on this board.

You'll get the hang of the boards fairly quickly and we fellow members are only to happy to help you search :-)

squeak1944 Report 9 Jan 2014 00:28

looking for rowlands family lived in stretford 1911there was john. head charlotte wife sons william leslie francis eric and phyllis all deceased now but would like to find relatives

squeak1944 Report 9 Jan 2014 00:28

looking for rowlands family lived in stretford 1911there was john. head charlotte wife sons william leslie francis eric and phyllis all deceased now but would like to find relatives

GlitterBaby Report 3 Nov 2013 21:36

You have posted this on the wrong part of the board.

This thread is for information only and is not a help one.

Gordon Report 3 Nov 2013 14:26

Looking for information on my cousin Robert S Ross, my last known address for him is Fyvie Castle Cottage, Fyvie, this was in 1959 and information on him, or family descendants would be gratefully appreciated

Malcolm Report 29 Sep 2013 06:37

I have been looking for a relative Frank w Giddings who emergrated to Canada joined the Royal Candan Dragoons arrived in Canada 1920.
But any tips on sites to look for him then or now ?
Regards Mal

JoyDean Report 6 Aug 2013 08:25

This thread is only for information.

Please post a separate thread if you are searching for someone. Thank you.

Pauline Report 28 Jul 2013 18:02

Iam looking for any info on Glenys Elizabeth Davis and Min hsieh Chang
I was born in Shrewsbury I/2/1967
I am wanting to know more my background so I can let my children know because I am mixed race
Thank you so much

Peahen Report 10 Jul 2013 20:06

High time Genes started a separate thread for those looking adoptive relatives.

Should be added to left-hand list - like ADOPTION. I think it would then help for people seeking help and guidelines that they would have a Thread starter for just that - adoption.

As said those who think this thread was for just them to seek their lost relatives are losing out on help.

Good luck all those searching for long lost loved ones.

Graham Report 3 Jul 2013 11:24

People who post look ups on this thread are NOT getting them answered. That is not what this thread is here for. :-P

When starting a new thread on this board I think it is best to have the name of the person you are looking for in the name of the thread. It might be a long shot, but if the person you are looking for (or somebody that knows them) sees the thread, then that thread will stand out more than a thread entitled "looking for dad/uncle/cousin"