Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Scottish Census

New Scottish census records

Do you have Scottish ancestors?

Perhaps you do and you just didn't know! Search our brand new Scottish census records today and discover if you have Scottish roots.

Search Scottish Census

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

This is ONLY for information.

Page 0 + 1 of 3

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. 3
  4. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Graham

Graham Report 16 Apr 2014 19:45

Sidney. You'll probably get more joy by starting a new thread. ;-)

Sidney

Sidney Report 16 Apr 2014 16:25

My name is Sidney Kirkpatrick, I am trying to locate my possible son or daughter born in about mid 1954 in either Germany or England, his or her mother's name was Ursula Davenport. I was in the Army when I was ordered to take six weeks leave as I hadn't had UK leave for two years, while on leave I broke my leg and was not allowed back to Germany as after convalescence I only has three months left in the Army, so I was kept in England. I have tried every thing that I know to find Ursula with out luck.

Sidney

jax

jax Report 16 Mar 2014 15:47

Dundas

Did you read any of the previous comments on this thread?

Dundas

Dundas Report 16 Mar 2014 04:14

My maternal Grandfather, Arthur Hyde Chambers (with or without the hyphen) was initially married to Annie Middleton in the late 1800's. They were married in the U. K. I am attempting to complete my family tree on the maternal side and would appreciate any information on this union and what children they may have had.

Graham

Graham Report 24 Feb 2014 17:03

I wonder if people are getting confused over the title of this thread. Prehaps some people might think this is where to post if they only want information about their relatives :-S Just a thought...

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 10 Jan 2014 19:39

Squeak - did you notice the title of this thread? It says "This is ONLY for information."

For assistance in finding living relatives, post a separate NEW thread on this board.

You'll get the hang of the boards fairly quickly and we fellow members are only to happy to help you search :-)

squeak1944

squeak1944 Report 9 Jan 2014 00:28

looking for rowlands family lived in stretford 1911there was john. head charlotte wife sons william leslie francis eric and phyllis all deceased now but would like to find relatives

squeak1944

squeak1944 Report 9 Jan 2014 00:28

looking for rowlands family lived in stretford 1911there was john. head charlotte wife sons william leslie francis eric and phyllis all deceased now but would like to find relatives

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 3 Nov 2013 21:36

Gordon

You have posted this on the wrong part of the board.

This thread is for information only and is not a help one.

GB

Gordon

Gordon Report 3 Nov 2013 14:26

Looking for information on my cousin Robert S Ross, my last known address for him is Fyvie Castle Cottage, Fyvie, this was in 1959 and information on him, or family descendants would be gratefully appreciated

Malcolm

Malcolm Report 29 Sep 2013 06:37

I have been looking for a relative Frank w Giddings who emergrated to Canada joined the Royal Candan Dragoons arrived in Canada 1920.
But any tips on sites to look for him then or now ?
Regards Mal

Joy Kentish Maid

Joy Kentish Maid Report 6 Aug 2013 08:25

This thread is only for information.

Please post a separate thread if you are searching for someone. Thank you.

Pauline

Pauline Report 28 Jul 2013 18:02

Iam looking for any info on Glenys Elizabeth Davis and Min hsieh Chang
I was born in Shrewsbury I/2/1967
I am wanting to know more my background so I can let my children know because I am mixed race
Thank you so much
I

Sappho

Sappho Report 10 Jul 2013 20:06

High time Genes started a separate thread for those looking adoptive relatives.

Should be added to left-hand list - like ADOPTION. I think it would then help for people seeking help and guidelines that they would have a Thread starter for just that - adoption.

As said those who think this thread was for just them to seek their lost relatives are losing out on help.

Good luck all those searching for long lost loved ones.

Sappho

Graham

Graham Report 3 Jul 2013 11:24

People who post look ups on this thread are NOT getting them answered. That is not what this thread is here for. :-P

When starting a new thread on this board I think it is best to have the name of the person you are looking for in the name of the thread. It might be a long shot, but if the person you are looking for (or somebody that knows them) sees the thread, then that thread will stand out more than a thread entitled "looking for dad/uncle/cousin"

samantha

samantha Report 30 Jun 2013 17:31

Im sorry to trouble you, but my husband Kevin found out just before his 40th Birthday (30 months ago) by accident that he has a full biological sister, birth name Karen Elliott, 5th (we think) October 1964 born in Yorkshire, adopted at 8 months old by a couple in Leeds, my husband had been desperate to trace her, even if its just to let him know that she is safe, happy and has had a good life, weve tried almost everything!, but I had to try a few more things, we cant give up.
Best wishes
Samantha

samantha

samantha Report 30 Jun 2013 17:30

Im sorry to trouble you, but my husband Kevin found out just before his 40th Birthday (30 months ago) by accident that he has a full biological sister, birth name Karen Elliott, 5th (we think) October 1964 born in Yorkshire, adopted at 8 months old by a couple in Leeds, my husband had been desperate to trace her, even if its just to let him know that she is safe, happy and has had a good life, weve tried almost everything!, but I had to try a few more things, we cant give up.
Best wishes
Samantha

Feedom

Feedom Report 5 Apr 2013 22:20

Hi, I am trying to find my birth mother her name is Sheila J Chase born 1939, I also have a sister by the name of Maria Alexis Chase born 1964. I was born in 1966. If any one could help me find my family I would greatly appreciate it.

Robin Chase :-)

Feedom

Feedom Report 5 Apr 2013 22:20

Hi, I am trying to find my birth mother her name is Sheila J Chase born 1939, I also have a sister by the name of Maria Alexis Chase born 1964. I was born in 1966. If any one could help me find my family I would greatly appreciate it.

Robin Chase :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 3 Apr 2013 11:32

To new users of this board.

THIS THREAD IS NOT INTENDED AS A 'LOOK UP' THREAD.

It is for information to help you with links to various sites.

If you would like fellow GR members to help you with available online records and suggestions to assist in finding your own living relatives, please do start your own dedicated thread.

Following PM sent to
davina louise osbourn
Antony Peter
dawnee1965
Christine A
Jansy

Hi – in the last few days you’ve posted on Joy’s thread called
VERY USEFUL TIPS: FOR INFORMATION ONLY
On the Find Living Relatives board.

From your profile, it’s obvious that you have only recently ventured on to the Boards and may not have realised that this particular thread is not a ‘Look up’ one.

If you haven’t already, it might be an idea to start your own thread on the Board asking for help. As it stands, unless someone has contacted you privately, you won’t get member’s attention.

Just to clarify, I’m not an employee of GR, just an ordinary paying member of GR like youself all be it with more experience of how the site works.

Assuring you of the best intentions to help you on your way

Regards
DET