Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trying to find Bernard Nock

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

nat2213

nat2213 Report 7 May 2012 20:56

I am trying to locate my Grandad. I believe he may of died but i lost touch with him and have no idea how to find out where he is buried. I have tried to search the records online but i have not been able to find any record of his death. All i know is his name which is Bernard Nock and his date of birth which is 24th September 1919. The last i knew he was living in the Sandwell area but as i said i lost touch with him over 10 years ago and i really would like to pay my respects. I have contacted the Bernard Nock who is registered on here but i have had no reply, so just feel like i have hit a brick wall. Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank you. natalie
:-(

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 7 May 2012 20:58

Not seeing his death on Ancestry. That goes up to 2005.

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 7 May 2012 21:46

He could easily still be alive.
Have you no other relatives that you could ask about him?

192.com gives 2 possibles, but not up to 2012 - so he could have gone into a nursing home?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 7 May 2012 22:07

Is this the Bernard (your uncle?) you contacted?

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards.page/board/ancestors/nock/thread/388075

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 7 May 2012 22:15

This looks to be him:

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Inquiry+into+claim+of+theft+from+patient.-a0177371518

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 7 May 2012 22:21

You can contact the care home here:

http://www.bcha.co.uk/assets/pdf/homes/homes_for_older_people/vantage_point.pdf

Rose

ValT

ValT Report 8 May 2012 09:06

Do you know the names of his children?

PM me if you don't want to put them on the board.

nat2213

nat2213 Report 8 May 2012 10:00

I have tried to contact my uncle Ben Nock but he has not replied. He is the only person who would know where my grandad is. As for the care home they will not release any information to me because of the data protection act, so i am truly stumped..... :-(

ValT

ValT Report 8 May 2012 14:44

Well Bernard is not listed in Vantage Point 2012 on 192.

I suppose he could be in another home.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 8 May 2012 14:59

I wouldn't expect the care home to tell you anything, but maybe they would be willing to pass your details on to Ben, if they still have an address for him?
Jan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 May 2012 16:04

How have you tried to contact Ben? Using this site?

If you look at that news article I sent you his home town is listed. He is on 192.com and possible BT.

Rose

nat2213

nat2213 Report 8 May 2012 19:46

Hi everyone,
I have tried to contact Ben through facebook, and emails... with no luck. There is no one else apart from him that can tell me anything about my Grandad, what are you supposed to do when the one person who has all the answers isn't willng to communicate with you?

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 8 May 2012 22:27

Maybe you should try writing. If his email address has changed, messages from this site won't get to him.

Rose

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 May 2012 09:38

Nat,

You knew your grandmothers name and something of the family names?

Just of interest , 2 Bernard Nock registered in the same place.

1919---1920.

Ben may not be the sons name?

nat2213

nat2213 Report 9 May 2012 11:36

Thank you everyone for all your help and advice, but i have tried writing, i have contacted the local newspaper in the area where may Grandad was living and i have had no luck. Ben Nock is my Grandad's son, i know that because i recognise his picture he has on facebook. I will just keep my fingers crossed that someone will eventually tell me if my Grandad is still alive or if he has passed away. :-(

nat2213

nat2213 Report 9 May 2012 14:05

well everyone this is the message i finally had from Ben Nock with refrence to my Grandad.

"Bernard Nock Snr passed away 16th March 2009.

As no other members of his 'loving' family had taken any responsibility
in his care for 20 years his ashes are with me.

No further communication will be entered into. I do not expect to
receive any further messages on this matter and non will be answered.

This matter is closed".

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 9 May 2012 15:11

Not a great deal that you can add to that I suppose. It is always a pity when family members drift apart.

Nat,

I was attracted to your thread by the name Bernard Nock which is not a particularly common one. Did your grandfather work in the steel industry by any chance. I ask because I come from that part of the world and at the back of my mind I am sure that I recall my father (Who worked at Barlows, Oldbury up to 1970) mention that name as possibly being one of his work colleagues.

nat2213

nat2213 Report 9 May 2012 18:34

I can not find any obituaries for my Grandad, because my uncle will not tell me where the service for my Grandad was held or where my Grandad died, i am unable to pay my respects. I do not know anything about my Grandad and i only recently found out his name, as i do not have any family members that i can talk to. I know its to late now but how can i pay my resepcts to him if i do not know where he died? is it normal not to be able to find any obituaries on the internet? Thought that would give me an idea of what church i can contact,

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 9 May 2012 19:06

Nat,

As your uncle has stated that he currently has his fathers ashes your grandfather's remains were obviously cremated rather than buried.

If he died in Sandwell then the most probable place where his remains would have been cremated would have been at the West Bromwich crematorium in Newton Road. If an obituary was placed in a newspaper this most probably would have been in the Birmingham Evening Mail or the West Bromwich Chronicle.

Kay????

Kay???? Report 9 May 2012 19:24

I dont see how knowing where he died you can pay any respects,,,,,,,it may have been a hosptial,care home,or his sons.or even his own home,,,,,,,,and if the son states ****his ashes are with him,***then it will be out of the question as hes stated,

***no family gave any thoughts to him in over 20 years***,

and you say last had any contact 10 years ago.....its probablly best you lay it to rest in the knowledge hes at peace.....any interference may cause more anger on the sons part.

I know he doesnt wish anymore contact....but perhaps you could send him your consolences and none of the family break up for whatever reasons were not of your making and no blame can be put on you.