Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

jacqueline duncan born 1944 in plymouth

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 27 May 2012 17:16

I'm looking for the daughters of Kenneth Duncan who went to live in South Wales in the 1950's. Kenneths parents were Rosa and Thomas Duncan who lived in Plymouth. Not much to go on but maybe someone can help.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 27 May 2012 18:08

Do you know when and where he was born?
Jan

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 27 May 2012 18:27

There is Kenneth L marrying in Plymouth 1940, is this him?? Also a Thomas P marrying in 1946 (poss brother??)

There is also a daughter for Kenneth in 1944.

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 27 May 2012 18:59

Hi Brummiejan & trailertrash, thanks for replying. Kenneth marrying in 1940 is possibly him, I will look it up. His father Thomas lived in Plymouth until he died in 1959. It was Kenneths dad getting married again in 1946. I found an old letter dated 1954 saying kenneth his wife and 2 daughters went to live in Cardiff. It's the daughters I'm trying to trace. This is a bit garbelled so hope it makes sense. Regards Rosemary

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 27 May 2012 19:29

thanks to trailertrash think one daughter is jacqueline. Can't find the other daughter although she must have been born prior to 1954. Does anyone out there know of Jacquelines whereabouts?

jax

jax Report 27 May 2012 19:40

There does not seem to be any other children born in the Plymouth area or Wales Unless they lived somewhere else aswell?

There are no trees with her in but found this one??

Jackie Duncan 1944 Colwyn Bay No Gary

Gary has an old membership number but might be worth sending him a message...maybe they moved to Colwyn Bay?

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 27 May 2012 19:51

thanks jax will give it a go. regards

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 27 May 2012 19:54

Hi jax, had a quick look but don't think it's her as the jacqueline i'm looking for was born in Plymouth and moved to Cardiff when she was about 10 yrs old.

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 27 May 2012 19:59

Not been able to find another child either. Nothing found on Jacqueline in Cardiff. She probably married elsewhere.....

jax

jax Report 27 May 2012 20:07

People put strange things in their trees.

I found myself on my husbands tree with my name shortened and born where he knew I grew up....strange thing was we were both born in the same hospital so you would think he would have remembered that!!

It was the nearest I could find for her and I could not find a birth in Wales to match that one

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 May 2012 20:09

There's a death for a Kenneth Leighton Duncan in Norfolk born 1910. Fits with this birth:

Births Mar 1911
Duncan Kenneth Sculcoates 9d 156

1911?

Schedule type Last names First names Sex Birth year Age in 1911 District / other County / other Transcript Original page
HOUSEHOLD DUNCAN CYRIL M 1905 6 Sculcoates Yorkshire East Riding (with York)
HOUSEHOLD DUNCAN EMMA F 1875 36 Sculcoates Yorkshire East Riding (with York)
HOUSEHOLD DUNCAN HORACE M 1909 2 Sculcoates Yorkshire East Riding (with York)
HOUSEHOLD DUNCAN KENNETH M 1911 3 MONTHS Sculcoates Yorkshire East Riding (with York)
HOUSEHOLD DUNCAN STANLEY W M 1907 4 Sculcoates Yorkshire East Riding (with York)
HOUSEHOLD DUNCAN THOMAS E W M 1879 32 Sculcoates Yorkshire East Riding (with York)

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 May 2012 20:11

Parents of above, so probably not your family:

Marriages Sep 1903
Duncan Thomas Elliot W Pickering 9d 853
DUNCAN Thomas Elliott W Pickering 9d 853
WADE Emma Pickering 9d 853

Rose

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 27 May 2012 20:17

Hi Rose, don't think that's my mums cousin as I don't think he was born a DUNCAN but my great uncle married his mother and he took the Duncan name. I think he was born in Birkenhead about 1912.

Hi jax, thanks for that info. I suppose she may have said she was born in wales as she may have spent most of her time there. Will try to contact the tree holder and see what happens. Many thanks

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 May 2012 20:18

Here they are:

Marriages Dec 1913
Duncan Thomas P Potter York 9d 105
Potter Rosamond Duncan York 9d 105

and then there's a Rosamond Duncan who dies in Plymouth.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 May 2012 20:21

So he was born a Potter?

Rose

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 27 May 2012 20:30

Hi Rose, Yes the're the right people, I think Kenneth was born a POTTER. perhaps she was a widow when she married Thomas Duncan. My Mum always thought that her uncle adopted Kenneth but in those days they didn't really discuss things in front of the children so my mum only picked up snippets of info. Regards Rosemary

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 May 2012 20:35

If we can figure out when Kenneth was born we can try and locate a death and see where he was living.

Did Thomas and Rosamond have children? I'm trying to figure out her maiden name?

Rose

trailertrash

trailertrash Report 27 May 2012 20:53

Is this him ??? Kenneth L Potter 1924 Plymouth, mothers maiden name Stagg??

Rosemary48

Rosemary48 Report 27 May 2012 20:55

Hi Rose, Kenneth was the only child. If I've got the right people he married Winifred Edwards in 1940 and had Jacqueline in 1944. When Kenneths father Thomas wrote to a cousin he mentions 2 girls but I can only find Jacqueline. She would be 68 now, if still alive. I really can't work out Kenneths birth surname but he got married as a Duncan so his death would be Duncan. It's really frustrating not being able to tie it all together. He could have left Cardiff at any time in the last 50 years so could have died anywhere. Regards, Rosemary

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 27 May 2012 20:55

Trailertrash,

The marriage was in 1913, so e had to be born before then.

Rose