Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Angela McCarthy/ Dare nee Hendry where after 2005

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jun 2012 16:16

Hi

i am trying to find the descendants of William and Hilda Hendry from Leigh Lancs. They had a son William R Hendry born 1947 and a daughter Angela born 1951. Angela married Alan Dare 1979 and they had two children John and Amy Elizabeth Angela married Thomas McCarthy in 1993, on electoral roll to 2005 then seem to have disappeared.

Any ideas?

jax

jax Report 22 Jun 2012 16:43

Have you tried the search trees, facebook or 192.com?

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jun 2012 17:26

I have tried the search trees but cannot find them. Bit of a technophobe so not on face book yet. i did find a number forJ dare but turned out to be the wrong one. Will get one of my sons to try facebook for me good call

Christine

Christine

Christine Report 22 Jun 2012 17:27

I have tried the search trees but cannot find them. Bit of a technophobe so not on face book yet. i did find a number forJ dare but turned out to be the wrong one. Will get one of my sons to try facebook for me good call

Christine

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 22 Jun 2012 23:27

Try Friends Reunited

Christine

Christine Report 23 Jun 2012 14:57

Will give that a try

thanks

Christine

Christine Report 27 Jun 2012 16:23

I have updated the request after finding second marriage

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 27 Jun 2012 16:57

The advice is still the same

And please remember to be discreet when posting info on here about living people.

Are you related to this person?

Christine

Christine Report 27 Jun 2012 17:06

Hi

Yes our grandmothers were sisters hence why I am trying to find her. I am finding this whole " what to put and what not to put" tricky. If I need help I need to state the information I have but appreciate your comment. It was purely by a process of elimination I found that sadly Mr Dare had passed away. I have tried all that you suggested and even joined facebook but no luck.

As i was advised on another thread - I need to keep looking and eventually some information will turn up. Just need to have some patience. I wish there was information as to the ettiquette and what to post and what not to post as being new to the site I am learning by trial and error!

patchem

patchem Report 27 Jun 2012 22:19

Amy and John Dare were living in the same household as Thomas and Angela McCarthy in Warrington from 2002 to 2005 on 192.com.

Type in Amy Dare 192.com

Christine

Christine Report 28 Jun 2012 08:52

Hi

Thank you. I cannot trace them from there. I have checked death records and thankfully they are not on there as far as I can see. In 2005 her children would have been 21 -23 and could well have moved out, gone to University etc.
Angela's father was born in New Zealand of Scottish parents who emigrated - my Grandmothers sister Jessie Melrose. Iam starting to wonder if they went to NZ as via her fathers paternal side I believe that other members of the Hendry Family are still there.

Only found out last week that her father was not in NZ and had lived here!

Christine

Christine

Christine Report 4 Jul 2012 20:14

Hi Still looking can anyone else help please. I cannot find any of them after 2005

jax

jax Report 4 Jul 2012 21:43

Are they not at that address listed in 2005 now? Have you tried to make contact with them?

Christine

Christine Report 6 Jul 2012 10:43

Hi Jax

They are no longer at that address. The website Zoopla shows when property has been sold.

I have found a few T McCarthy and A McCarthy telephone numbers in Balckpool and surrounding area so will try to call them. The only telephone number forJ Dare - son of Angela - I called but was not him. The daughter Amy could well have married and changed her surname. I am considering the possibilty they may have emigrated to New Zealand where Angela may have family on her fathers side.

But as all events would be fairly recent I do not know how to access any information

Christine

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 6 Jul 2012 13:44

Have you tried contacting the people who have been living at the address you have after 2005, or (probably better) the neighbours? They might have some contact with the family, or an idea where they went.
Jan

Christine

Christine Report 6 Jul 2012 15:32

Hi

Will give that a try - many thanks