Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bryan Reed (OZ/NZ)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 4 Jul 2012 16:31

My cousin, Bryan, left England in the 1960's for Australia and married a girl from New Zealand. He went to live in Auckland, New Zealand and was there in the early 1980's. Since then I have had no contact with him and would dearly like to find out where he is now. Bryan will be 65 years old. :-)

AnnCardiff

AnnCardiff Report 5 Jul 2012 12:34

hello John - can I suggest to amend your heading to include the words Oz/NZ or something similar - this will then attract our members from down under

good luck

John

John Report 26 Jan 2017 16:48

Hi Gillian
This is quite embarrassing as I have only just picked up your excellent list of details, that I can confirm are those of my cousin.
All my work was on my works computer and when I retired I had to hand it back and did not transfer files to my own computer. Now I have started to look again, using GR, I find your notes.
Thank you for your time, if much belated, but why did records stop or are they the latest?
Much grovelling
John :-S :-S :-S

greyghost

greyghost Report 26 Jan 2017 18:49

John, I don't expect Gillian is looking for a reply after all this time.

Try clicking on her name to send her a Personal message through the GR system. She'll be notified there is one if she still has the same email address she registered with GR.

No guarantees that she's able to receive it, that if she does she opens it, or whether she replies - there could be many reasons.

Did you try NZ white pages (phone directory)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 27 Jan 2017 17:11

The Electoral Rolls stop at 1981 as that is the last year available on line.

If you can't find an entry on the NZ white pages, https://whitepages.co.nz you could see if the NZ Ask a Librarian service can find a current address.
http://natlib.govt.nz/services/ask-a-librarian

There are 2 entries for a B D Reed, on page 5 when not specifying an area. You could either write to both or ask for the ER to be checked for the full names. It's always possible they are father and daughter/son......or completely unrelated!

Ru

Ru Report 28 Jan 2017 22:33

Hi DetEcTive,

On behalf of John I have checked the two entries for B D Reed and the local B Reed's (local being Christchurch) and these are not connected to Bryan D Reed. Will keep trying for information.

Peahen

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2017 04:46

Gillian posted details that are a complete invasion of the privacy of the people concerned.

I am requesting review of her post, which will mean it will not be visible. I am copying useful info from it without the exact dates of birth, registration details, etc, below.

We just do not put people's dates of birth and addresses on this site (even if the addresses appear to be old, we don't know whether the person or family is still living there -- especially! if not "100%" sure they are even about the right person ... and even if the info is available on line to people who know what to search for and where)

===========================================

Hi John

I have located your cousins details in the 1980's and a couple of details of possible contacts though cannot be 100% they are him:

New Zealand, Naturalisations, 1843-1981
Name: Bryan Douglas Reed
Birth Date: xxx 1947
Birth Place: Battersea, London
Naturalisation Date: xxx
... Source: Register of Persons Granted New Zealand Citizenship 1969-1977.

Birth registration:

Name: Bryan D Reed
Registration district: Battersea

New Zealand, Electoral Rolls 1969
District: Birkenhead, Auckland
Bryan D REED xxxx Auckland –Trainee Nurse
Delwyn C REED xxxx Auckland –Married

New Zealand, Electoral Rolls 1972
Bryan D REED xxxx Auckland –Nurse
Delwyn C REED xxxx Auckland –Nurse

New Zealand, Electoral Rolls 1978
Bryan D REED xxxx Auckland –Nurse
Delwyn C REED xxxx Auckland –Clerk

New Zealand, Electoral Rolls 1981
Bryan Douglas REED xxxx Auckland – Male Nurse
NO DELWYN

brother:

Name: Terry E Reed
Registration district: Battersea

Parents:

[their personal info is not needed as John is aware of this info, as in fact he was aware of most of the other info]

Will send possible contact details directly by PM.

Regards
Gillian

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2017 04:48

and also the next post by Gillian

I have kept copies of the two posts if you would like them by private message, John.

=======================================

Additionally:

Delwyn C REED was still living at xxx Auckland –Clerk in 1981.

Gillian

JoonieCloonie

JoonieCloonie Report 29 Jan 2017 05:12

Delwyn seems to be active in greyhound breeding/racing

http://tinyurl.com/zshwto3

and other references, just google her name with and without the middle initial.

The references are unfortunately quite old so this may not help.

http://www.genesreunited.co.nz/boards/board/genealogy_chat/thread/1345203

*Did* you follow up on the facebook suggestion? There seem to be two people by that name on facebook, one in NZ and one from NZ living in Australia.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 29 Jan 2017 09:17

Thanks Peahen. Assuming John does come back to this thread, he'll know the Christchurch entries are unrelated.