Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Johnson / Irwin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Jul 2012 12:41

I would like to try and contact the children or grandchildren of Florence Batty b 1908. Married Thomas William Johnson in 1932. Children Hilary 1941, Stuart G1948, Sandra M 1951 and Freda M Irwin 1954 now deceased.I don't know if she remarried I can't find any record for it. I found some old photos in my mothers belongings and she had obviously corresponded with her Auntie Flo for many years. Mum's memory has now gone she is 92 so she can't help me. I have checked with other peoples trees but no luck. The family originally lived in Hull but may be in the Berkshire area. As I live in Australia it is difficult for me to track my relatives down. Thank you to anyone who may be able to help me with this search :-)

Moira

Moira Report 17 Jul 2012 12:47

Hi Barbara
Try the tree's on GR
Google their names
and look on facebook
I have found quite a number of living relatives this way

happy hunting

Barbara

Barbara Report 17 Jul 2012 12:52

Thank you Moira I will try that

patchem

patchem Report 17 Jul 2012 22:40

Is this Florence's birth?:
Births Sep 1908
Batty Florence Hull 9d 279
If so, born June to September 1908.
So this could be her death, and the informant might be a relative:
Florence Johnson
Birth Date: 28 Jun 1908
Date of Registration: Sep 1998
Age at Death: 90
Registration district: Hull
Inferred County: Yorkshire
Register Number: C59A
District and Subdistrict: 5501C
Entry number: 284
You could get the birth and death certificates to help you.

Hilary appears to be Hilary F Johnson

patchem

patchem Report 17 Jul 2012 22:59

Are you saying that Freda M Irwin was her birth name, so that Florence remarried to a Mr Irwin between 1951 and 1954 at the age of about 45?

Barbara

Barbara Report 18 Jul 2012 08:57

I can't find any proof of that marriage in Berkshire, patchem, however in Mum's old address book there is a Stuart Irwin listed in Berkshire. Freda's name was on the back of a photo with the date and that she had died recently. I did find her death in BMD.
Many thanks for for replying to my query and the information on her death, they are a long living family.
I know that Freda was born very late in Flo's life and that she had Downs syndrome.
Barbara

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jul 2012 13:05

Florence didn't have to marry Mr Irwin to have his child.

The fact that Freda's birth is registered as Irwin means that either the mother said she was married to the father......or he attended when the birth was registered

Her death

Name: Freda Mary Irwin
Birth Date: 2 Feb 1954
Date of Registration: Jan 1994
Age at Death: 39
Registration district: Newbury
Inferred County: Berkshire
Register Number: 39E
District and Subdistrict: 3191
Entry number: 141

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jul 2012 13:09

As the mother appears to have died as Johnson..............

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jul 2012 13:11

Ancestry shows at least four possible marriage for Stuart G............you'd have to get the certs to verify

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 18 Jul 2012 13:12

Have PM'd a probable marriage for HILARY

Barbara

Barbara Report 18 Jul 2012 13:58

Thank you for your help Reggie.
Regards Barbara

Barbara

Barbara Report 20 Jul 2012 00:12

Reggie,

I have sent a message to Stuart Irwin but as yet no reply, could you email their latest address so I can try to contact him directly.

Thanks again for all your help

Barbara :-)

Barbara

Barbara Report 20 Jul 2012 00:20

Does anyone have credits on192.com for 1 lookup please.

Regards Barbara <3

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 20 Jul 2012 05:00

If you look at 192, it looks as though Stuart is now in Wiltshire. Last Berkshire address was 2002.

Rose

jax

jax Report 20 Jul 2012 06:00

If someone has changed their email address....No one would know it I'm affraid

Barbara

Barbara Report 20 Jul 2012 07:59

Thank you Rose, I was hoping someone would give me their latest address so I could find the phone number as I have no credits for 192.

Jax, I wasn't asking for their email address I wanted someone to email their street address to me :-) :-)

Regards Barbara in Oz