Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

graham pile anne beryl pile

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

caiosha

caiosha Report 19 Aug 2012 18:15

HI peter thanks very much this is fantastic news will get on it right away , I am so glad I didn't give up thought I would never find her ! You are a STAR a million thank yous

Peter

Peter Report 19 Aug 2012 17:45

Hi,
I believe the death of Annie Beryl Pile in Norfolk, found by Flip, is that of the Ann(e) Beryl Pile who registered your grandfather's death in 1969. One of Anne's children moved to Norfolk............ Anne Beryl Pile herself was born in Lambeth where your grandfather and Annie also lived 1949-1958................ One of Annie's grandchildren married in Haringey. I think its too much to put down to coincidence don't you? Suggest you buy Annie's death certificate when you can afford it, you will then have the name and address of the person, probably a relative, who registered her death. You will be able to learn more about your grandfather's life by tracing that person and/or his family

Good luck,
Peter

caiosha

caiosha Report 19 Aug 2012 14:44

Hi Flip,
No they weren't catholic he just left Swansea and we never heard anything more from him . It was on my grandmother's death certificate that she was a widow when she died as she died a few years after this she must of been aware he died . But he was not mentioned by my family again . It was only a few months ago I found his death and sent away to get a copy . He and Ann were together a long time as they are recorded as living in Ducie Street Lambeth from 1949-1958 and then in 426 lordship lane tottenham 1958 -1969 when he died . Many thanks to you again I am grateful to you and everyone who has posted answers

caiosha

caiosha Report 19 Aug 2012 14:32

Thank you Flip i am really grateful for any info , it is very kind of you to help me

Flip

Flip Report 19 Aug 2012 13:15

You're welcome.

Were your grandparents catholic? It's just it would explain why no divorce - you got ex-communicated for that!

The Annie Beryl King I posted earlier in the thread married Percy Curtis on 11/8/1914 at Walworth All Saints, her father was Thomas - she was on the 1911 census as Anne Beryl King. So it seems she changed between Ann/Anne/Annie, all interchangable of course. Her mother on the census was Eliza Ann, who I think married Thomas King in 1883 maiden name Haynes, they had 13 children 6 of them were still alive in 1911.

Added: problem is there are too many Curtis/King children to identify if they had any. Otherwise it may have been worth your while trying to tract them down to see if any still alive to fill in the missing years.

caiosha

caiosha Report 19 Aug 2012 12:04

Thank you Flip that is very helpful it is very kind of you to take the time to help me.

Flip

Flip Report 19 Aug 2012 09:33

William G Pile and Ann B Pile are together on the ERs at 33 Ducie Street, Brixton/Lambeth from 1949 to at least 1958 - so looks like they could have been living together as man and wife for quite some time before his death.

It may be worth you getting a copy of the death certificate for Ann - the informant may have been a relative.

Added: if he left around 1945 he would have been 49, and if the death for Ann is right she would have been 51 - so although not impossible, it woud seem unlikely they had children.

caiosha

caiosha Report 19 Aug 2012 08:53

Sorry I thought they had to give that information. She must exist somewhere I can't give up hope of finding out about her . They may or may not have had a child together . I live in hope of finding out about my grandfathers life after he left Swansea thanks for your reply

Reggie

Reggie Report 18 Aug 2012 11:32

A woman living with man previously/still married to someone else is hardly likely to give the wife's details when she registers his death.

caiosha

caiosha Report 14 Aug 2012 19:10

Thank you Reggie , Do you think my Grandmother (Margaret Jones) should have been on the death certificate as I am sure they did not actually divorce. The only other thing I can think of is Ann was a relative .

caiosha

caiosha Report 14 Aug 2012 19:10

Thank you Reggie , Do you think my Grandmother (Margaret Jones) should have been on the death certificate as I am sure they did not actually divorce. The only other thing I can think of is Ann was a relative .

Reggie

Reggie Report 14 Aug 2012 16:46

"Ann Beryl Pile is on the death certificate it says in box maiden name of woman he married blank the informant of death is Ann Beryl Pile "

So he didn't marry her.......and you're unlikely ever to find out her true name

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Aug 2012 23:41

Shan,

The PM you sent me says it was Anne.

Rose

caiosha

caiosha Report 6 Aug 2012 22:56

My apologies Flip thank you for your reply my mistake Ann Beryl Pile not annie beryl pile.

Reggie

Reggie Report 6 Aug 2012 12:14

Flip posted death - and possible birth - info..............on August 3rd

Please read all replies, Shan...............it's for your own benefit

caiosha

caiosha Report 6 Aug 2012 11:56

Ann Beryl Pile is on the death certificate it says in box maiden name of woman he married blank the informant of death is Ann Beryl Pile of the same address as graham 426 lordship lane tottenham n17 opposite the box with her name it says
qualification answer is causing the body to be buried . Yes he married Margaret Jones my grandmother in 1925 in Swansea . Sorry I don't understand someone has asked why no reaction to the info flip posted? Please bear with me as I am new to this . Many thanks to you all who have replied best regards Shan

Reggie

Reggie Report 6 Aug 2012 10:59

In 1958, at least, they were living together in Brixton, at 33, Ducie St

The household comprised a further three people.............two named Bush, one named Moore

Reggie

Reggie Report 6 Aug 2012 10:52

Shan

Why no reaction to the info Flip posted?

Reggie

Reggie Report 6 Aug 2012 10:45

The death cert should state the informant's 'qualification' - i.e. Authority to register..usually the relationship

If she lived with your grandfather as his 'wife' without being married, she is simply not related to you

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 6 Aug 2012 01:29

Can you please confirm if it is Ann, Anne or Annie Beryl. You use all three spellings.

Rose