Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Patrick Joseph Ward, Salford

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Sep 2012 17:33

Looking for Patrick Joseph Ward, born Salford 1979, I believe he was a member on Genes Reunited but not now, does anyone know him, or can get in touch with him? Believe he may be a relative of mine, need to confirm who his father is. Any help appreciated thank you!

S Logan

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2012 17:42

If you have looked up the birth there may not be a father listed...from what I can see

Can we ask why you think this person is a relative please

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 16 Sep 2012 17:45

well his mmn in Mongan so you can look foe a marriage for the surname combination

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2012 17:50

Where have you got that from Shirley? oh I see that one was born 12 years earlier...so not the same one

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Sep 2012 19:05

No, Mongan is a different one!

I have found a marriage listing which I believe may be my grandfathers. for his 2nd marriage, in Salford 1979, for the same year I have found this birth, his first 2 names (Patrick Joseph)are my grandfathers (he was Joseph Patrick) and the MMN and surname Ward is the same as for the marriage. Not sure why the baby would keep the mother's name if the parents were married but still I thought it would be worth checking out.

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2012 19:21

If the parents were married he would have the fathers surname

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2012 19:27

I think I have worked out the marriage.....could that not be her second marriage too? in which case Ward would not be her maiden name

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Sep 2012 19:31

Yes I know, but as you said earlier there doesn't seem to be a father listed. Maybe they got married after the birth, maybe married but seperated before the birth, I don't know. I would just like to check it out and don't really want to spend £20 to get a birth and marriage cert when it may not be,
if you search all trees for Patrick Ward born 1979 Salford, he had a tree on this website. Just thought someone may know how to contact him that's all. If not I'll have to spend out on the certificates to check it myself, but then I'd still need a way to get in contact with him if he is my grandfather's son.

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2012 19:35

England & Wales, Death Index: 1916-2006
about Joseph Patrick Logan
Name: Joseph Patrick Logan
Birth Date: 28 Sep 1921
Date of Registration: Dec 1984
Age at Death: 63
Registration district: Salford
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume: 39
Page: 931

So if this is him he was 58 when he married ....do you know whether he married someone of childbearing age? her name strikes me of being of someone a bit older...although there are some born in later years.

Do you have this death cert?

jax

jax Report 16 Sep 2012 19:39

You may not be able to order the birth cert anyway as it is less than 50 years unless you can give the full details

Lynski

Lynski Report 16 Sep 2012 22:50