Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

trying to find adopted siblings

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Crystal

Crystal Report 2 Oct 2012 23:50

Hi, for the last 2 years we have been trying to find my husband 4 adopted siblings. We have had no luck after hundreds of phonecalls and hours of researching. Due to them being adopted at a young age its becoming impossible to find them. All we have is there names and date of births.

We have tried agencies, salvaion army, facebook, genesreunited - no luck :(

Anyone know any other ideas on how we can find them?

There names are:

Darren Francis Giggins born 1978
Kerry Cythnia Giggins born 1979
Michaela Toni Giggins born 1980
Daniel Trevor Giggins born 1981

Obviously their surnames have changed but we would love to find them. They do not know anything about my husband as he was born 3 years after they were taken into care.

thanks Crystal :-D

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 2 Oct 2012 23:53

Have you put your husband's name on the adoption contact register so that they can find him if they decide to look for their birth family?

Kath. x

jax

jax Report 3 Oct 2012 00:25

It looks like Darren has a tree on here, although it is an old membership number have you tried to contact him?

There is also someone called Jon that has some of the siblings in his tree

KINGSMILL

KINGSMILL Report 3 Oct 2012 02:53

JAX

looks like JON is the searcher's husband

wonder if the poster has noted the OTHER surname of DARREN

shame it is a popular one

Crystal

Crystal Report 4 Oct 2012 22:02

Hiya yes Jon is my husband. Yes we have tried to contact Darren but no reply :(

How do I see other peoples trees? I have to have permission dont I?

Crystal x

jax

jax Report 4 Oct 2012 22:04

Yes you need Permission to view trees

Have you tried looking for him on 192.com under his adopted name?

Crystal

Crystal Report 4 Oct 2012 22:22

no as I am not sure that it is him. I don't know weather he has the same people on his tree.

Crystal

jax

jax Report 4 Oct 2012 22:47

You find out the same way as I did...thats by searching for each individual name and ....No he does not have the other names

If it is him he may not be aware of the others? or he may just have himself in his tree which is not unusual

Sheila

Sheila Report 4 Oct 2012 23:29

Sent you a pm, do you know which agency was used for the adoption ? and what age they where adopted at ?

Allison

Allison Report 5 Oct 2012 15:26

Hi I am looking for a Trevor born 11 February 1966 in County Durham. We believe he was adopted by a family in the Darlington area but not sure. If you are him or know of him I would love to hear from you but only if you get his permission to get in touch. Thank you. Allison

jax

jax Report 5 Oct 2012 16:30

Hi Allison welcome to the boards

You should really start a thread of your own rather than adding to this one

The chances of anyone knowing him seeing this is virtually nil. If you are related have you added your name to the adoption contact register? also have you looked to see if he has a tree on here in his birth name?

Crystal

Crystal Report 5 Oct 2012 18:38

Hi Jax, does he have any names that match mine do you know? His mum Dawn or dad John. Would love to know that is him x

jax

jax Report 5 Oct 2012 19:20

You can check that yourself by going to search top right of screen and selecting search trees

I have looked and cannot see that he has them...but as I said he may only have himself in his tree

Crystal

Crystal Report 7 Oct 2012 17:58

Yeah no luck yet. Shame that Darren hasnt checked his messages. strong possibility it is him as there was only one Darren Giggins born in 1978 around this area.

Crystal

Crystal Report 27 Oct 2012 22:37

He still hasn't checked it :( I guess he doesn't come on here no more

jax

jax Report 27 Oct 2012 23:01

Any message you sent would go to his email address which would say

Contact from Genes Reunited ( >>>Your name<<<)

He would then log onto this site to reply...I believe?

If he has changed his email address since joining Genes and has not notified them ..he will not recieve any messages

Looking at his membership number it looks about 8 years old...so there is a good chance he has changed email address's

Crystal

Crystal Report 11 Nov 2012 15:33

Just bumping this incase any of them are on here :)

We are still looking.

Contacted adoption agenices and they have put notes in their files. Hopefully one day we have contact :)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 11 Nov 2012 18:18

You haven't said if your husband has put his details on the National Adoption Register?
Jan

Crystal

Crystal Report 12 Nov 2012 21:55

no we haven't just done Norcap though x

Hilary

Hilary Report 17 Nov 2012 22:56

Hi,

I was just recently connected with my nephew who was adopted 49yrs ago, so don't give up.

I also belong to Ancestry.co.uk, I included my nephew in my family tree. I obtained his birth cert, which had his birth parents names, I added them all in my tree.
When his adopted parents passed away he wanted to find his birth family, so he started his own tree, putting in his father's name, by doing so my tree was made available to him and he emailed me.

Like GenesReunited, Ancestry also have a Find Living Relative site. With the help of the wonderful people on both of these sites I also managed to find my 1/2 brother & sister last year after 33yrs.

I checked for your husbands siblings, finding all there births listed, but were you aware some of them have listed the mother as Giggins or Dale born Banting, Essex.

Question - does your husband have the same parents?

I also found a Cheryl Louise Giggins 1978 - mother ( Sleet ) born Barking, is it possilbe her father was the brother of Jon's siblings father.

If I can be of help let me know