Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Electoral Rolls

Looking for living relatives?

Search our UK Electoral Rolls (2002-2013) and find your living relatives today.

Search Electoral Rolls

New electoral roll records

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Searching for George Campbell, WW2, Navy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicola

Nicola Report 18 Oct 2012 21:48

Hello, I wonder if anyone maybe able to help. I am trying to trace a George Campbell who was in the Navy during WW2, from Newcastle, aged 22 years of age by 1947/48, a miner prior to WW2 and recorded as a Protesant. George was deployed by 1947. Not much information I know. Any information greatly received.

Many Thanks
Nicola

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Oct 2012 22:11

Have you tried FreeBMD for a birth?

Rose

Nicola

Nicola Report 18 Oct 2012 22:14

Hello Rose,

Will have a quick look.

Nicola

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Oct 2012 15:59

Having had a look at what is written about him on Ancestry (I assume by yourself) may I just ask why you think he was from Newcastle not Scotland?
Jan

Nicola

Nicola Report 20 Oct 2012 00:24

Hello Jan,

Thank you for replying. Annie my fathers birth mother gave the details on the adoption record of my fathers. Dad was b 1947 and officially adopted in 1948. Annie mentioned that George was from Newcastle. Dad was born on Rothesay, Isle of Bute. I know that is where there was a Naval base. Annie was from Glasgow. Yes, I have also mentioned George on my tree (MacSween) and mentioned what I have above under , more details. Hope this helps.

Nicola