Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for my Adopted Brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

carol

carol Report 1 Nov 2012 13:03

Can anyone help me as i am looking for my adopted brother his birth name was George Bell and his date of birth is 6/1/1977 and he was born at Robroyston Hospital in Glasgow. George was given up for adoption form birth but i am unsure on what agency his adoption went through, but i think it may have been the Glasgow co operative as that is the same agency that my sisters adoption went through 2yrs prior to George's birth. We stayed at blisland drive in possil park, Glasgow at the time of George's birth. I have found my adopted sister as of February of this year 2012 and it has been amazing as we are in contact on a daily basis and we would very much love to find our brother and be part of his life too. I have withheld our birth mothers name and some other details so i can match them up if someone gets in touch. If anyone knows of any information then please do get in touch no matter on how small the info is, and George if you see this message me and your sister would love for you to get in touch as we long to have you in our lives and we love you very much. <3

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Nov 2012 13:09

Does Scotland have an adoption contact register similar to that in England/Wales?

If so...add yourself to it

If he knows that he was adopted, and has any wish to trace birth family members, he may have done the same

carol

carol Report 1 Nov 2012 13:27

I have registered with Birth link whom keep my contact details and match them up if someone is looking for me or if George gets in contact with his details then they can pass on mines to him. As far as I'm aware this is the adoption register for Scotland, Thank you for message.