Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please help me find my brother

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

julie

julie Report 28 Nov 2012 01:57

I last saw Richard David Miles (my brother) in 1994. At the time he was living in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. I've moved around a fair bit and evidently we lost touch. I heard recently that he lived in the Brighton area from 2002-2003 i was given an address but unfortunately when i moved i mislaid it. I have been endlessly searching over the past few months with no joy whatsoever. My brother was living with his friend in Brighton, his name is Terrance B Pearson. I would be grateful if anyone could help me out. Thank you in anticipation... Julie Miles :-)

Penny

Penny Report 28 Nov 2012 06:00

Will he want to be found?
Do you have any other family members with whom he could have stayed in touch? Asked them?

Basically, you need to look on 192.com, see if he's listed. You will nee to buy some credits to see the result.

Does his friend Terrence know where he went. or did he go too?
Were they friends or partners?

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 28 Nov 2012 11:17

Hi Julie,

Welcome to GR and the boards.

I have sent you a PM (Personal Message---look on top toolbar under "Messages" )
with address from 192.com
It may not be your brother, but worth a try.

Penny, not sure of the relevance of your question "Were they friends or partners? "

Best wishes
Barbara x

Penny

Penny Report 28 Nov 2012 13:18

Friends tend to move independently, partners tend to move together, if Terrence and Richard were couple then there would be a point in looking for Terrence now.

BarbaraFromYorkshire

BarbaraFromYorkshire Report 28 Nov 2012 17:39

Point taken, Penny, Not finding either of them after 2003 ---the info I sent Julie was not for her brother, Anyone any more ideas ?

Barbara x

julie

julie Report 28 Nov 2012 17:47

Just wanted to add that they were partners. I know that back some years ago my brother was suffering with an illness so even took it upon myself to look under deaths :-( but i never found anything there either. Something is telling me Poole or Bournemouth but i don't know why, just a thought i suppose. I've always trusted my instincts in the past and they have proven to be 99.9 % right.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 28 Nov 2012 18:39

Yes they are showing on www.192.com for 2002-2003 but you need units to look at the address. Tried BT online phonebook but not seeing a possible tel nos./address for Brighton

Have PM,d a poss for Poole for Richard may not be him but worth a call.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Nov 2012 22:09

When were they born? Not seeing a birth for a Terrance Pearson with that spelling.

Rose

Rambling

Rambling Report 28 Nov 2012 23:16

Re the one ( Richard David Miles) in Poole that may have been mentioned, google throws up that he is a member of the Christian fellowship there, checked that out and doubt it is the right one, as he is giving a sermon and mentions his wife of 25 years.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 29 Nov 2012 01:36

Was he known by other names: Rich, Richie, Dicky, Dick, etc?

Rose

Penny

Penny Report 29 Nov 2012 06:57

Do you know what he did for a living, or any hobbies he may have had that might require membership t an association or anything like that?

How old would be be now?