Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

New Military Records

New military records

Was your ancestor a war hero?

View thousands of brand new military records, including Chelsea Pensioner records, Military Nurses, Prisoners of war and much more.

View military records today

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Seeking marriage details...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 5 Dec 2012 17:30

I was looking for possible marriage of x and i believe this person may of been married twice as the name is exactly the same in the same area with just 3 yrs separating them so possibly a divorce involved. If anyone would care to verify i will post details in PM. Thanks

Penny

Penny Report 5 Dec 2012 17:45

go on then, PM me. i'll have a look

Mark

Mark Report 5 Dec 2012 17:48

Thank you Penny - Have sent details in PM

Penny

Penny Report 5 Dec 2012 18:18

Smith.....! you'd have to buy the certs to prove one way or the other.

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 6 Dec 2012 17:31

Not wanting to get involved, but if the query is about a woman....

Any chance that they had any children? The mother's maiden name would still be the same even if she was 'formally' (divorced/widowed)

Penny

Penny Report 6 Dec 2012 19:22

Its a bloke by the name of Smith, with two forenames that seemingly marries twice in the same place 3 years apart

no idea from the index if its the same bloke, very common forenames too.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 6 Dec 2012 19:31

How about children to the first marriage? Can they be found after the 2nd marriage - if so then it's two different people.
This depends on the MMN being unusual enough!
Penny's right, the only real answer id to get the marriage certs.
Jan