Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ellen Bouchier & Daniel Eddy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date
Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 12 Dec 2012 13:37

Hello

I am tryig to find living relatives of Ellen Mary Bouchier nee Keane & Daniel Eddy who married in West Ham in September 1942. By searching records I think Ellen M Bouchier was born on 1 March 1909 and died in 1993 in Lambeth I don't know if they are the same people.

My Dad Peter Dansie (Born Peter Eddy) was born to the above parents on 24 July 1943. He was adopted 3 months later to Stanley & Mrytle Dansie.

My Dad is looking to find any siblings/relatives.

I have added my Dad to the Adoption Register but we haven't heard anything as yet.

Can anyone help? I am not sure where to look next?

Thanks

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:26

Has your father had sight of his adoption papers?

The most useful document you could get would be the 1942 marriage cert

The ages of both will be recorded, plus the names of their fathers.........if known

That info would enable you to search for connections

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:28

Where was your father born?

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:29

Marriages Jun 1935 (>99%)
Bouchier Jeremiah P Keane W. Ham 4a 955
Keane Ellen M Bouchier W. Ham 4a 955

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:31

There is no birth in England/Wales for the mother based on your info

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 12 Dec 2012 14:33

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

I have the adoption certificate at home but it only lists all their names on it no dates of births. It has the Dansie's address which was Janson or Jenson Road E15 but I will have to check it later as I don't have it with me.

We are searching for my Dad's birth certificate but he was born in West Ham and grew up in that area. He said he went to secondary school from 1954 to 1958 called Water Lane in Stratford and he seems to think he had quite a few older siblings whose surname would have been Bouchier but we don't know any first names.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:34

This death cert should include maiden name and birthplace.......assuming the informant was aware of them

England & Wales, Death Index, 1916-2006

Name: Ellen Mary Bouchier
Birth Date: 1 Mar 1909
Date of Registration: Apr 1993
Age at Death: 84
Registration district: Lambeth
Inferred County: London
Register Number: B44
District and Subdistrict: 2411B
Entry number: 248

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:35

I'm afraid there is no registered birth on freebmd for Peter Eddy to match your father's date/location

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:37

Have you looked for Bouchier/Keane births?

There are three on freebmd

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:39

The parents, I would suggest, were both of Irish origin..........

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:41

Deaths Sep 1940 (>99%)
Bouchier Jeremiah P 47 Essex S. W. 4a 357

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 12 Dec 2012 14:42

Thanks again.

No I haven't looked at those births yet I am new to all this so am learning as I go along I will have a look at those births thanks for that info.

My Dad was 3 months old when he was adopted would the birth have been registered in the name of Dansie.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 14:44

Found his birth.........on Ancestry Not sure why it isn't on freebmd........

England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005

Name: Peter Eddy
Mother's Maiden Surname: Keane
Date of Registration: Jul-Aug-Sep 1943
Registration district: Kssex S W
Inferred County: Essex
Volume Number: 4a
Page Number: 308

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 12 Dec 2012 14:52

Thanks for all your help will look into those siblings names on freebmd and see if that takes's my search any further.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 12 Dec 2012 15:04

Suzanne

When you find the info..........go to 'search all trees' on her (under the 'search' button) and put in the names etc

You'll find several GR members have the brothers in GR trees, so you will be able to try to contact them, by clicking on 'find out more'

Lynski

Lynski Report 12 Dec 2012 20:43

When you do try to contact someone it would be best to write your own message saying who you are looking for etc.

Just delete the automatic message about viewing their tree. Most members will not open their tree to you without first establishing a connection.

Suzanne

Suzanne Report 12 Dec 2012 22:04

Thank you I am new to this so all tips greatly appreciated.