Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

searching for Williams from middlesbrough

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sandra

sandra Report 18 Dec 2012 13:27

eric williams was born in 1938 and placed in care in middlesbrough at about two years of age. he stayed in the care system, moving to pickering and then scarborough. he had one brother, a couple of years older i believe by the name of john.
we really want to find any relatives but i am new to searching and although i can fine a birth certificate for eric i am unsure how to find any relatives especially the brother when the names are so common. any advice greatfully received

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Dec 2012 14:12

Was he actually born in Middlesbrough? Not seeing a Middlesbrough 1938 birth.

sandra

sandra Report 18 Dec 2012 15:50

i think so but without any sort of info it is impossible to be sure of anything. i am assuming that it is this one

Eric Williams

Year of Registration

Quarter of Registration

Jan-Feb-Mar

Registration District

Cleveland

Registration County

Yorkshire

Mother's maiden name

Freeman

Volume Number
9D
Volume Page

he says he was in care in middlesbrough so perhaps guessing he was born there rather than actual fact.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Dec 2012 16:39

So you are in touch now with Eric ?? has he got his birth cert if so it will give his parents names which may help find siblings

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Dec 2012 16:41

Middlesbrough is a reg district of its own and theres no Birth Reg for him in 1938 MIDDLESBROUGH

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 18 Dec 2012 16:45

Theres no John Williams mmn Freeman born it that part of the country so doesnt look like the right birth for Eric

sandra

sandra Report 18 Dec 2012 17:16

he doesnt have his birth certificate, he doesnt have any other info.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 18 Dec 2012 17:21

Their is a possible birth for him in Easington district, mmn Ellwood, but that's in county Durham it's the only other possible in that area and year

Does he no his actual DOB

Roy

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 18 Dec 2012 17:25

There is an Eric Williams 1938 Wakefield???
Don't give his exact birth date obviously, but can you tell us his month of birth?
Jan

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 18 Dec 2012 17:26

their is also a Robert mmn Ellwood district Durham E. in 1941

EASINGTON REGISTRATION DISTRICT
Registration County : Durham.
Created : 1.7.1837.
Abolished : 1.7.1938 (to become part of Durham Eastern, Durham South Eastern, and Durham Central registration districts).
Sub district : Dawdon, Easington, Wingate.
GRO volumes : XXIV (1837–51), 10a (1852–1938).
Registers now held by : County of Durham and Sunderland.

Roy

sandra

sandra Report 22 Dec 2012 12:22

after digging through the attic we finally found a birth certificate
he was born feb 1938 in cleveland...(so not middlesbrough then) to david john williams and minnie freeman
would really like to know about the siblings. there is john born in 1936 along with david born at the same time but also shows death certificate at the same time.
minnie remarried wilfred randall and had a daughter mary in 1954 sowould love to know more about that side of the family if anyone can help...i am hitting a brick wall now

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 22 Dec 2012 12:50

Having checked Minnie's marriage, I think this might be her birth:

Births Mar 1915 (>99%)
Freeman Minnie W R Mumme Islington 1b 656

sandra

sandra Report 28 Dec 2012 21:16

am having trouble finding out what happened to minnie, i cant find a death certificate for her, i know it is possible she is still alive but i cant figure out what to do next...advice?