Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stephen Evans

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Anthony

Anthony Report 18 Dec 2012 20:50

I am hoping someone can help me. I am working with my grandsons partner, Laura Evans. She is looking for the brother she has never met. the information that we have about Stephen is that he was born we think sometime in the 1970s in Nottingham. Laura is 20 years old and Stephen is her older brother. His fathers name was Melvin Evans and his Mother was Daphne, the problem is that it is believed Stephen was adopted at birth. Laura would dearly love to meet her brother, providing of course that Stephen would want to meet her and her partner and baby son. my great=grandson. Hoping that someone can help or point me in the right direction, Many thanks, Anthony :-)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 18 Dec 2012 22:01

What's Daphne's maiden name?

Rose

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 18 Dec 2012 22:47

found this one but date is way out. Was MMN Plumb

Steven Evans
Born 1985
MMN Plumb
Nottingham
Vol 8
Page 1317
Image not available

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 18 Dec 2012 22:50

Sylvia, there are also 2 Stephen Evanses born Nottingham 1970's - but we do need the maiden name of his mother to pinpoint the birth, as it could be anywhere really.
Jan

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 18 Dec 2012 23:11

Hi Brummiejan
True I saw the ones in 1970s. I thought there was a huge gap in Stephen and Lauras births and wondered about the one in 1980s. Only trying but I know what you mean.
Maybe we well get MMN tomorrow.
Night Night

Anthony

Anthony Report 19 Dec 2012 02:25

My apologies for any confusion caused Stephen was born 1985. The problem at the moment is that his sister Laura who is the person looking for him, believes he was adopted at birth possibly in Nottingham. She has never met him as she was born in 1992. Stephens mothers maiden name was Plumb. The information that Sylvia provided ties in with what little information I have been given. Many thanks Anthony

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Dec 2012 06:57

Anthony,

It would appear he was Steven spelt with a V and Melvyn is spelt with a Y.

How did she find out about him?

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Dec 2012 06:58

Looks to be a sister born before Steven. Is this correct?

Rose

Anthony

Anthony Report 19 Dec 2012 09:11

Hi Rose, there are two sisters of Steven, Linda born 1981, then came Steven born 1985 and finally Laura born 1992. It is Laura that I am working with and trying to help. She found out about Steven from her Mother, Daphne, maiden name Plumb. The connection that I have with Laura is that she is my grandsons partner. Many thanks for your message, Kindest regards Anthony.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Dec 2012 16:59

If Steven is adopted, his sister can try adding her details to the national adoption register in case he goes looking for his birth family.
She might also try contacting NORCAP for advice (just google it).
Jan

Anthony

Anthony Report 19 Dec 2012 20:45

Hi Jan, very many thanks for your message reference Steven Evans, I have been talking to Laura over the phone. I am connected to her through my grandson, she is engaged to him, She has tried the Adoption Register and has also googled NORCAP but the fees they require are too much for her so she is unable to follow those two leads. Apparently Steven is her half brother, he was born on 14 or 15th December 1985 in the City Hospital Nottingham. Laura was also able to tell me that Steven was six months old when he was adopted, although she is not sure whether he was fostered first and then adopted. Her mother Daphne Evans nee Plumb seems to think that Steven was possibly living in either the Woodborough or Woodthorpe areas of Nottingham up to about 6 years ago. How she feels this I dont know and Laura has no idea either. Apparently Lauras mum was given no choice in the matter of adoption, Steven was taken away from her and she was not allowed to know the identity of the people who adopted him. Once more very many thanks for your message, Kindest regards, Anthony.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Dec 2012 22:22

Well, the only other thing I can think of is to approach Nottingham social services and explain the problem. It might be possible to attach her contact details to his adoption file if they can locate it - assuming he was adopted in Nottingham. Indeed, assuming he was adopted at all - seems a bit his unlikely that his mother would know where he was living 6 years ago if this is the case ??
Is it possible to ask her why she has any idea where he was at that time?
Jan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 19 Dec 2012 22:25

You could try ordering his birth cert to see if he was adopted.

Rose

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Dec 2012 22:32

There are 2 entries for his birth on Ancestry - different reg. numbers - does this mean he is in fact adopted? Not sure!
Jan

Anthony

Anthony Report 19 Dec 2012 23:03

Hello Jan, Many thanks for your message I will certainly speak to Laura first thing in the morning to see what she would like to do next. Very many thanks for your time and effort in helping me it is much appreciated, Kindest regards, Anthony