Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

where do i begin??

Page 1 + 1 of 2

1. «
  2. 1
  3. 2
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

karen

karen Report 22 Dec 2012 10:26

my grandparents were my fathers parents, although i never really had a lot of contact with him if i could helpit!! My parents were not married, and i have so far found 2 birth certificates, one from 1970 with the name karen evans and the other in the name of karen howard.....which is what ialways believed my name to be. I have a paper copy but this is dated 1973!!.
Because of the way my family are it is v difficult to get accurate info from my grandmother, and my grandfather died in 2011

Reggie

Reggie Report 20 Dec 2012 22:50

Whose parents were the grandparents who raised you? Your father's.....or your mother's?

patchem

patchem Report 20 Dec 2012 20:39

Are your grandparents and/or parents still alive?
Thanks

Penny

Penny Report 20 Dec 2012 20:15

If you want to send me details of what you do know in a message, I'll have a look in the refisters for you if you want

Penny

Penny Report 20 Dec 2012 20:14

with your birth certificate!

karen

karen Report 20 Dec 2012 20:11

My mother and father never married, despite having contact with both i never really lived with either. Because of their....ownstrange anddiffering ways, i know nothing of my past. I cannot get info from anyone, I wasbroughtup by grandparents, again info is not forth coming. i have two half brothers, one i was told was dead (this appears to be untrue), the other one i cannot find at all. Where do i begin?? Any help would be really appreciated x