Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Looking for friend Melbourne Australia.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Doreen

Doreen Report 28 Dec 2012 00:06

Trying to locate a long lost friend named Rita Osman nee Gilbert. Rita was born in Middlesex 1930 and left England approx 1947 with her mother and a sister for Australia. Rita went on to marry an Australian man by the name of " Bob" Osman and produced two children by the names of Steven and Suzanne. Rita and I met at Grange School, Ealing, London in 1940 and remained friends until losing contact a few years ago when my letters went unanswered. Would love to know of her whereabouts. Can anyone please help me, and many thanks for taking the time to read this thread.

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 28 Dec 2012 00:43

Welcome to the boards Doreen.
Have you tried White Pages? Click here:

http://www.whitepages.com.au/

Jan

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Dec 2012 05:50

Hello Doreen,

How many years is "a few years ago"?

The only Dorothy Osman showing on electoral rolls in the Melbourne area is a Rita Dorothy Alice Osman but, according to death records, she died in 1980 and her maiden name was Gilbert. She was born in 1930 which fits with this birth:

Births Mar 1930
Gilbert Rita D A Richford Brentford 3a 205

All these details appear to fit your Rita but you say you had contact with her a few years ago.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 28 Dec 2012 06:31

Children look to be Steven Paul and Susanne May.

There's an SP Osman in the phonebook.

Rose

Doreen

Doreen Report 28 Dec 2012 10:59

Hello Rose,
Many thanks for your speedy reply, and it would seem that you found the correct Rita.I am also in my eighties and memories get a little bit clouded. I have always been concerned for her over the years but did not realize it was that many.
Thanks again to all the people that have replied.
Doreen.

Cherilyn

Cherilyn Report 3 Jan 2013 05:26

By the by, Rita's mother Mabel Dorothy GILBERT (nee RICHFORD) died in 1970 in Hawthorn, aged 64.