Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Seeking father-Gordon Joseph McCallum 1951 Glasgow

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mark

Mark Report 4 Jan 2013 01:11

Hi there
would anyone be able to help me to find/locate my father Gordon Joseph McCallum born I believe in May 1951 in Glasgow, I believe he spent most of his 30's in Hastings East Sussex, and more recently ran a pub near Lewes, I did hear that he may have also spent some time in Bristol.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jan 2013 03:08

Hi Mark,

Does he know about you?

Have you tried 192.com?

Rose

patchem

patchem Report 4 Jan 2013 06:55

He appeared to be running the pub in 2009 (licence applied for, but pub now closed?)
Still in area? Ask the locals? Contact the landlords?

Mark

Mark Report 4 Jan 2013 08:44

Hi Rose
thank you for your message.
Yes he does know about me but unfortunately i have not seen him since I was 7, but as I understand it he was trying to locate and contact me when I was a teenager.
I managed to contact his second wife who kindly sent me a photo of him when he was probably in his 30's, we look very alike.
My cousin helped me to search for him for a while and she located that he had been running a public house near lewes up until last year, unfortunately we missed him by a few months! and my search has come to a halt.
I am now married with my own children and if possible I would very much like to locate him and hopefully contact him.
Do you have any information that you think might be helpful?
I would be very grateful.
regards
Mark

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jan 2013 08:52

Does he have children with his 2nd wife? Would they know where he is?

Rose

Mark

Mark Report 4 Jan 2013 08:55

Unfortunately they cannot locate him either.
Thanks
Mark

Dougieb1

Dougieb1 Report 4 Jan 2013 09:26

If you do a search in " Search All Trees " you will see that someone has a Gordon McCallum born 1951 in their tree.
It may be worth contacting them.

Regards,

Dougie

Mark

Mark Report 4 Jan 2013 09:46

Thanks for your help.
I did email this person twice in April 2012, unfortunately they never replied, maybe they do not go on much.
I have now requested access to their tree so fingers crossed they maybe able to help me which would be nice.
Thanks Dougie

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Jan 2013 19:48

What's his link to Sussex? Did he move to Bristol for several years and then return?

Rose

Mark

Mark Report 4 Jan 2013 21:24

Hi I am not too sure about Bristol, when I spoke to the landlords last year of the public house he used to run near Lewes they mentioned that they thought he may have gone back to Bristol.
Unfortunately it all a bit vague at the moment!
He was in Hastings throughout the 80's I believe, mainly Hastings and then Bexhill for a while.
Regards
Mark