Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Adopted Sister. Blau, Seeley,or variants of Seeley

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 21 Jan 2013 06:49

Looking for my sister who was adopted in London in 1946/1947
and born approx.1941 in London.
She was possibly a resident in the Anna Freud War Nursery and was possibly adopted from there.
She was adopted into a family whose name was Seeley or Seely or another spelling variation of this name.
Her name was Ann/Anne. Her birth name was Blau.
Her brother Peter who she knew is looking for her as is her younger brother who wasn't alive when she was born.
We both live in Australia.
We have previously attempted to locate her without any success and now have a special reason why we would like to contact her.
We would be grateful for any help with this matter

Surnames: blau, Seeley,Seelley, Seely, Seelly, Sealey, Sealley, Seal, Seally

Penny

Penny Report 21 Jan 2013 06:58

Have you searched trees ( in her birth name)

Cant see her birth- not in UK records anyway.

You say she was 4 or 5 when she was adopted - Circumstances?

Was she older or younger than Peter> presumasbly older than Bro M********

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 21 Jan 2013 08:44

She's registered in the December quarter of 1940 as Anne L T Blau if that helps.

Births Dec 1940
Blau Anne L T Blau Islington 1b 158

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 21 Jan 2013 10:56

Add yourself to the national adoption contact register............she may have done the same, if she's looking for blood relations

As she was 6/7 when adopted, she would probably have kept her first name

Petef

Petef Report 23 Jan 2013 00:15

Quote:----

".........you say she was 4 or 5 when she was adopted. Circumstances?"

I'm not sure if I have read this correctly Penny, but are you wanting John to tell you the circumstances surrounding his sister's adoption? if so, why do you want to know? have you forgotten this is not a secure site?

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Jan 2015 22:45

I am also researching the name Blau. The mother of the Anne Blau registered here is also named 'Blau' which made me consider if the mother might be part of the family I am researching.

The lady I am looking into is Annie Blau who was born ion London and moved to Stoke around the time of the adoption!

Does anyone know of the mothers Blau family?

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 5 Jan 2015 00:16

You could try sending a message to John by clicking on his name - if he still has the same email address, he will be notified and be able to reply.

Try searching all member trees to see if Anne is listed, then contact the tree owner

patchem

patchem Report 5 Jan 2015 20:19

Unknown,

Is this your Annie Blau?

Deaths Jun 1952
BLAU Annie 53 Stoke 9b 535

Born Hackney?

Children's birth Islington, Manchester and Hemel Hempstead??

Have you put your family names in your tree on here?