Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Stephen Gotts & Alice Clements grave Thorpe Market

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ian

Ian Report 24 Jan 2013 18:54

There is a double grave in Thorpe Market (Norfolk) churchyard named Stephen Gotts d. 1945 and Alice Gotts d. 1959. These memorials have been dismantled as part of a churchyard re-ordering scheme. Are there any living relatives who would wish to have these reinstated? There is still a window of opportunity for re-instatement.

If so, please contact me and I will put you in touch with the right person.

Looking at my tree #022 on my website, the grave is for Stephen Henry 470 Gotts b 1880 d 1945 who married Alice Jane 450 Clements in 1914 N Walsham who died in 1959.

Children are:

1 CYRIL H 2286 GOTTS was born on 01 Jun 1914 in Erpingham. He died about Sep 1980 in Norwich. He married Florence B 2291 Fuller about Jun 1946 in N Walsham. (there are a lot of children born to Fuller, but I don’t know whether any of them are of Cyril & Florence. There is a different Florence Fuller who married Robert Edwin Gotts and they may belong to them)

2 MARGARET JOAN 2288 GOTTS was born on 03 Jun 1915 in Erpingham. She died in 1915. Notes for Margaret Joan 2288 Gotts: Died aged 2 months

3 MOLLY I 2289 GOTTS was born about Jun 1917 in Erpingham. She married William W D Bell about Sep 1943 in N Walsham district. (I don’t have any knowledge of her family)

4 LESLIE F 2290 GOTTS was born about Sep 1922 in Erpingham and died in 1990. He married Mabel MC 2291 Hill about Dec 1956 in N Walsham. ( I can’t see any children born to Hill in the births, so I don’t think there are any descendents here. Mabel would be about 90 if she is still alive)

If any living relative would like further details then please contact me.
Ian Gotts (St Albans)

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Jan 2013 19:20

Here are the births from FreeBMD. Margaret appears to have been registered as Myrtle and Cyril was a twin?

Births Jun 1914
GOTTS Cecil C Clements Erpingham 4b 118
GOTTS Cyril H Clements Erpingham 4b 119

Births Sep 1915
Gotts Myrtle J Clements Erpingham 4b 107

Births Jun 1917 (>99%)
Gotts Molly I Clements Erpingham 4b 96

Births Sep 1922 (>99%)
Gotts Leslie F Clements Erpingham 4b 99

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Jan 2013 19:23

Cecil also died:

Deaths Jun 1914
Gotts Cecil C 0 Erpingham 4b 88

Rose

Ian

Ian Report 24 Jan 2013 19:58

Thanks Rose, I've got these. The most likely relatives re through Molly Gotts/ Bell, but I've not been able to follow her line.

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Jan 2013 23:38

Not seeing these names on a tree on this site.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 24 Jan 2013 23:42

Molly Iris Bell died in 2004. Not seeing any children for her.

Rose

Ian

Ian Report 25 Jan 2013 08:33

If you type 'Gotts surname' into a search engine you'll find my website. That's where my trees are. Thanks for the note about Mollie's death.

Ian