Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

twins help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

cane

cane Report 1 Feb 2013 16:02

Hi....Please can some-one help find birth details for twins wendy & mandy sheilds,there was another girl (not sure of her name) My nan used to child mind them they would have possibly been born in salford abt 1950- 1960...thank's

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Feb 2013 16:05

It should be on FreeBMD .thats where we would look

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 1 Feb 2013 16:28

Not seeing them . do you have any further info?

cane

cane Report 1 Feb 2013 16:37

someone has found them for me.....i did look on freebmd but nothing was showing...thanks :-)

cane

cane Report 1 Feb 2013 16:40

is freebmd fully transcribed..only i have trouble half the time searching for stuff that just isnt there,,especially for salford...

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 1 Feb 2013 16:49

When you use freebmd you will see that above results is a percentage figure.........that tells you what percentage of records for that period has been transcribed

You could also read the INFO section on the site to get answers to any questions you have about freebmd

And......don't forget LancsBMD

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Feb 2013 16:52

No - it's not - Freebmd is an on going project. Another free site you might be able to make use of is

http://www.lancashirebmd.org.uk/index.php

How kind of someone to send you the info, and for you to have indicated on the thread - it would stop other people spending time on trying to find data if your helper would in future post on the relevant thread something like ' PM sent with births' ;-)

cane

cane Report 1 Feb 2013 17:12

i dont know how to "mark it as closed "(other)...thanks..but at the end of the day it is up to me to state that a P M has been sent...i forgot this time,but will bear it in mind :-) :-)

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Feb 2013 17:15

On some of the posts, you should have the option - report, edit, delete, tick as answered (or something like that) . Use the last

Alternatively, edit your opening post - you can then add 'Answered' to the title.

cane

cane Report 1 Feb 2013 17:18

Thanks +++DetEcTive+++ :-D

+++DetEcTive+++

+++DetEcTive+++ Report 1 Feb 2013 17:23

You're welcome ;-)