Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please can someone help me?

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Feb 2013 16:14

I am trying to trace Doreen P Moss (Nee Leek) born Cheshire.
Married Frank.
On electoral register up until 2005

I'm really stuck now - Where do I go from here please? :-S

patchem

patchem Report 2 Feb 2013 18:08

Just to put that Doreen was born in the 1940's.

Could you say how you are connected to them, and have you got the address in 2005?

Thanks

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Feb 2013 19:02

Hello Patchem

Doreen is my birth Mother's sister. I have had no joy in finding Margaret, so someone on here suggested I go through Doreen - who has a tree on here too. Although I've made requests to view - the message hasn't been opened since November.

The address is Oakwood Road, Stockport but they moved from here in 2003 (thought it was 2005 but not) according to 192

Where do I search now?
Thank you very much for responding.

Caroline

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Feb 2013 20:11

Have you looked to see if they have any children

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Feb 2013 21:27

Yes - and they appear not to have had any.
Thanks for responding.

Caroline :-(

Flip

Flip Report 2 Feb 2013 21:56

If you google the full address Zoopla should come up with the date the house was last sold as a starting point. They may have opted out of the public ER lists in 2003, but not moved.

Have you checked the local phone directories? Or google both names to see if one has died and there is an obituary.

Caroline

Caroline Report 2 Feb 2013 22:21

Hi Flip
Hope you are well.

Yes I have done all you suggested and nothing.

Will re try the Zoopla idea though.

Thank you..

Caroline

Flip

Flip Report 2 Feb 2013 22:40

Hi Caroline, yes I'm good thanks.

OK, father was Arthur Singleton Leek who died 8/3/1965 in Stockport, probate was granted to his widow Gladys May Leek of 2 Gilmore St Stockport.

It looks like they only had the 2 children, as you posted, but Margaret was Margaret R according to the birth record. I guess you've had no luck tracing her hence trying the sister?

Have you already got your adoption file and have you put yourself on the adoption contact register?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Feb 2013 23:01

It may be worth a couple of postage stamps to write to the old address. Send a stamped addressed reply envelope with your enquiry.

It may be that they are still at the same address but opted out . If anyone tries to find us on the electoral it will look like we are no longer at the same address ,we are!! just opted out of the public electoral roll

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Feb 2013 02:26

Did you pay this guy money?

http://www.justanswer.com/genealogy/7hpij-trying-find-doreen-moss-born-1946-stockport-maiden.html

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Feb 2013 02:32

Looks like Gladys died in 1979. Her death cert. might prove useful.

Rose

jax

jax Report 3 Feb 2013 02:42

The house was sold in 2003 and there is another couple listed as from 2012

Rose...If he did charge he could of thrown in the address for that price :-S

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 3 Feb 2013 02:47

Here's the previous thread:

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/living_relatives/thread/1314823

Rose

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Feb 2013 09:27

Thanks all for your posts.
So if they have moved - where to next?
Kind regards
Caroline

.......and yes I paid the money :-\

Flip

Flip Report 3 Feb 2013 09:57

Not sure, it's rather a long time since they "opted out" of the public ERs

I've had a look round this morning to see if there was a lead from uncles/aunts as both their parents were born in Stockport - thought there may be some cousins around.

Looks like Gladys May had 1 sister Vera O (1919), and a brother Ronald F (1921). Can find absolutly nothing on Vera, and sadly Ronald Frederick was killed in Singapore 15/2/1945 - he was a flight seargent, son of Horace Frederick and Clara Beatrice.

On Arthur's side, he had 2 brothers Edward (1919) died as an infant, and Kenneth, 1921 who I think died in Macclesfield in 1995.

There are a couple of possible marriages for Kenneth, one in Kettering and one in Northampton, but without a middle name or marriage certificates it's really only guesswork. The strange thing though, there is a marriage in Stockport 1976 between Gladys May and Kenneth (although they may not be the same people).

Sorry, not got anywhere really, have you tried to trace Margaret's possible children? The company secretary of a 4x4 company in Cheshire has the same name as what looks like her first son.

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Feb 2013 11:24

Thanks Flip

I'll follow the lead on Howard then.

And many thanks for all your time spent on this - I do so appreciate it.

It's real detective work...!

Kind Regards

Caroline

Flip

Flip Report 3 Feb 2013 12:00

Hi Caroline,

You're welcome, I hope it turns out to be a lead - even if only to discount him.

I've just sent you a PM with the link, and will send some other details by PM.... once I've put the shopping away.

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Feb 2013 12:10

Thanks Flip x

Caroline

Caroline Report 3 Feb 2013 12:28

Ok Flip - got the report with address.

Company name not coming up when I google it? I'll try again...but it's odd

Caroline

Flip

Flip Report 3 Feb 2013 21:18

Hopefully you have got to the web site, and just to let other helpers know I've sent a PM to Caroline with some possible details of Kenneth's marriage(s) and children. With the strict proviso that it/they may not be right! So down to her now on how she takes it forward.

However, if anyone can find anything on the other aunt Vera Burkill it may be of help please? Even if just another avenue to check.