Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Booth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jamey

Jamey Report 3 Feb 2013 16:32

I am looking for my Dads brothers, my Dad was Christopher Booth and his Dad Joseph Booth who married Lillian Young. They lived at Audlem in Cheshire. Dad and his brothers were left on Crewe Station when very young , when older, 3/4 of the brothers went up North, maybe Barnsley, Sheffield possibly, if you can help please contact me via this site :-)

Many Thanks
Jamey (Jean Amey nee Booth)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 3 Feb 2013 16:36

Hi Jean.
I assume you know their names? Have you tried 192.com? Or looked for marriages?
I assume your husband is the gentleman born 1928?
Jan

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 3 Feb 2013 17:03

It looks like your dad's parents married in 1921 in Nantwich.

There are 9 Booth births in Nantwich with mother's maiden name Young between 1921 and 1935.

Kath. x

Jamey

Jamey Report 5 Feb 2013 19:10

thank you brummie and Kathleen for replying, I have got all Dads siblings names and dates un stuff which Dad gave to me before he died but my prob is I cant fill in any info on 3/4 brothers as I dont where they left for, my Dad was fostered and Grandad would not allow him to be adopted and he always kept the name Booth, Any tips on how I would find the missing bros, I am not even sure which ones left Audlem or were farmed out, real puzzle???? But many thanks for replying :)

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 5 Feb 2013 19:21

Do they have middle names? This might help your search for marriages/192,com.
If unsure, check out their birth details on Freebmd - just click on this link:

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

If they married before about 1955/60 you might find them on the index, but after this we will need to check sites like FMP or Ancestry. Several of us have subscriptions to these sites so can look for you.:

They weren't adopted I trust, going by what you say regarding your father?

Jan

patchem

patchem Report 5 Feb 2013 20:24

Have you contacted the other people on here who have Booths from Audlem in their trees?