Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

birth entry BLOCKED?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Amy

Amy Report 22 Feb 2013 20:49

GRO have confirmed that a birth entry is blocked - I cannot obtain the certificate. What could be the possible reason for this? I am aware of two other later entries - one being closed and the other open. Does this relate to adoption or something else?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 22 Feb 2013 20:53

Is the birth under 50 years old? It would be blocked unless you know all the details .

This is because of identity fraud

Amy

Amy Report 22 Feb 2013 22:02

Yes under 50yrs. Gro told me blocked - can never be viewed. This is different to a closed entry.

Penny

Penny Report 22 Feb 2013 22:17

Has the entre been superceded by a second entry? in ich case, no they wont issue the first one, the second one being the 'current' one

Amy

Amy Report 22 Feb 2013 23:15

Second one closed. Third entry is open

Penny

Penny Report 23 Feb 2013 08:18

3 is unusual, but if one is superceded thay will only issue the one that supercedes it, 3 is unusual.

can you send me a message detailing who where and what and i'll have a look

Jonesey

Jonesey Report 23 Feb 2013 12:15

I have come across 3 entries for the same person in the birth indexes previously:

1st entry (1989) when the child who was born out of wedlock and birth registered under the mothers surname with no details of father shown.

2nd entry (1989) when the mother went to the registrar to re-register the birth. Both parents (Still unmarried) were present and as the father acknowledged that he was indeed the biological father of the child the birth was then registered under the fathers surname. This entry was given the page number "0"

3rd entry (1993) re-registered after the child's parents had married one another.

2nd and 3rd entries still appear in the publicly viewable index but 1st entry has now been removed.

Marked As Answer Marked as Answered

Amy

Amy Report 23 Feb 2013 19:43

Thx all. I think the last post from Jonesy is the most likely scenario.
Cheers

Amy

Amy Report 23 Feb 2013 19:43

Thx all. I think the last post from Jonesy is the most likely scenario.
Cheers

Pearl

Pearl Report 6 Mar 2013 21:59

Read this as interested re why info can be blocked. Interesting thanks for sharing. :-)