Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Kathleen Bates 1928

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 3 Mar 2013 22:19

I am trying to trace a living relative - Kathleen Bates born 1928. A dear relative is trying to contact her who she dearly wished to keep. Please help me find her before it is too late

Chris

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Mar 2013 22:33

Born where?

Was Bates her maiden name?

How do you know she hasn't died?

What else does this relative know about her?

Have you looked for her name in 'search all trees'?

patchem

patchem Report 4 Mar 2013 17:59

Kathleen Bates was born in Derby according to Christine's tree.
She is also in another's tree - do you know him (Frank)?

There are various marriages for Kathleen Bates in Derby and surrounding areas - when were you last in contact with her?
Thanks

Christine

Christine Report 4 Mar 2013 21:58

She was born in Derby but went to Huddersfield. She married in Derby in the late 1940s to Maurice Milner and then remarried around 1954 to John Beckett. I have no further trace on her although we were told (by Frank) that she was living about 4 years ago. As she is now 85 (if alive) time is running out for a reunion. I don't know if she changed her name after marrying John Beckett but believe that she may have moved back to Derby. Unfortunateley Frank will is not responding to contacts.

Thank you for the suggestions

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Mar 2013 22:36

She had children. Have you tried tracing them? Can can see their names on FreeBMD.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Mar 2013 22:45

Married in Doncaster to John Beckett and a daughter was born there too.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Mar 2013 23:02

Was showing on 192.com in 2010.

Rose

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 4 Mar 2013 23:09

I see you have the children in your tree. Some of them also have memberships on here. Have you tried contacting them? Go to Search, then Search All Trees at the top.

Rose

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Mar 2013 14:11

As you have the children in your GR tree, you must be in direct touch with them

Don't they know where their mother is?

Christine

Christine Report 5 Mar 2013 21:12

Sadly we have no contact with them - my husband was adopted. the documentation shows that his mother (Kathleen) sent maintenance to keep him for four years until the authorities decided to take him away. It states that she visited him and wanted 'him home'. After all that heartbreak it would be nice if she met him at least once before she passed.

patchem

patchem Report 5 Mar 2013 21:43

You can attempt to contact them through genes using the Search/Search All Trees tab, above.
They may not be active members of genes, but you can just try to send them a neutral message about a person in common to both your trees.