Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wendy Veronica Richards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 19 Mar 2013 15:14

Hi I am trying to trace the above. She is the adopted daughter of my Uncle Charles Richards who was originally from Liverpool but moved to Wednesfield, Wolverhampton and adopted Wendy. I think she was born c1950. My father was Wilfred Richards and he also had a brother Stanley and sister Nettie. Would be glad of any help. Regards Marj

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Mar 2013 15:49

Are you sure about the order of the names? I ask because there is a marriage for a Veronica W. Richards in Wolverhampton in 1967. Might be a bit early though if you think she was born 1950?
Have you tried to trace your uncle?
Jan

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 19 Mar 2013 15:56

Have you tried any research yourself?

When were you last in contact with your uncle?

When was he born?

Do you know whether he is alive?

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 19 Mar 2013 18:17

PM received re. Charles - born 1912. I have suggested looking for his death, to see who registered it, for which an exact DOB and/or any middle initial would be helpful.

Having a go at finding his birth. Is this the family?? I wonder what Nettie's 1st name actually was.

Marriages Mar 1904 (>99%)
Boycott Martha Elizabeth Liverpool 8b 105
Richards Charles Liverpool 8b 105

Births Jun 1906 (>99%)
Richards Wilfred W. Derby 8b 448
Births Sep 1912 (>99%)
Richards Charles Boycott W.Derby 8b 777
Births Dec 1915 (>99%)
Richards Marjorie Boycott W. Derby 8b 719

Jan

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 20 Mar 2013 16:16

PM:

'This is the right family. Wilfred was my dad and Marjorie was my auntie (who I was named after) but she died when I was young. Nettie may have been born Nester. '

I guessed more likely to be Nesta - this looks to be them:

1911 England Census
Name: Wilfred Richards
Age in 1911: 5
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1906
Relation to Head: Son
Birth Place: Liverpool, Lancashire, England
Civil parish: Kirkdale
County/Island: Lancashire
Street Address: 10 Melrose Avenue Kirkdale
Registration district: West Derby
Registration District Number: 455
Sub-registration district: Kirkdale

Charles Richards 31
Martha Richards 31
Nesta Richards 6
Wilfred Richards 5
Stanley Richards 3
Arthur Richards 1

brummiejan

brummiejan Report 20 Mar 2013 16:21

Marriages Mar 1904 (>99%)
Boycott Martha Elizabeth Liverpool 8b 105
Richards Charles Liverpool 8b 105

Not sure why I didn't find them before!

If you don't have any luck tracking Wendy down, I suggest you get Charles' birth cert. This will show his DOB which we can use to look for a death - this assumes he died 1970-2006, when birth dates are shown on the online death indexes.

Jan

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 21 Mar 2013 12:01

Thanks once again for all your help.

Marj

Linda

Linda Report 23 Mar 2013 19:19

Marj

I was born 1955 and lived in beechdale estate which was about 4 miles from wednesfield.

I knew a Wendy Richards who I believe was older than me by about 3yrs.

She had a cousin named Yvonne Thursfield,and Yvonne had a cousin named June Ingram from beechdale estate,junes nan lived in Green lane Walsall.

We all used to play together at the age of about 12/13yrs
I cant remember if Wendy went to Blue Coat school at Walsall, or Hatherton lane school beechdale estate.

Now another girl in the loop was a Jill Allen,I cant remember if Jill was just a bluecoat school friend or a relation of Wendy Richards
Jill allen and Yvonne thursfield are on facebook so you may be able to ask them about Wendy

Hope this helps and is the wendy you are looking for always a very happy smiling girl with big brown eyes.

Linda

Marjorie

Marjorie Report 23 Mar 2013 21:50

Thank you Linda I will try on Facebook with the names you have given me.

Matj