Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Information Regarding Roslind /Rosalind Cooper

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 28 Mar 2013 17:39

I am looking for information regarding the Father of a Andrew Cooper who was born on the 3rd June 1957 at Queens Park Hospital Blackburn to a Roslind /Rosalind Cooper from Bare Hill Cottages, Littleborough. Her Parents were Alice nee Dalley and a John Cooper who married in 1934. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 2 Apr 2013 15:42

If there is no father named on the birth cert,them its very unlikely any father can be named

wisechild

wisechild Report 2 Apr 2013 15:46

Did he marry?
If so, is there a father´s name on the marriage cert?.

patchem

patchem Report 2 Apr 2013 19:02

This is a linked thread

http://www.genesreunited.co.uk/boards/board/ancestors/thread/1322210

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Apr 2013 22:16

There were three others at one time.................probably due to the slowness of this site

Did Stephanie ever return to the one highlighted above?

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Apr 2013 12:30

No she hasnt and I see her request has been RR'd again as she didnt remove her tel nos.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 13:13

I'm surprised this one hasn't been reported, with the full DOB included...........and no suggestion that the child was adopted.

jax

jax Report 3 Apr 2013 13:37

This one was reported along with the one with the phone number...but as we know GR followed their strict guidelines and put them back :-S

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 13:54

Well, they are apparently employing outsiders to check reported posts..............presumably people with no experience, or any idea of what is acceptable, doing it for a pittance.

wisechild

wisechild Report 3 Apr 2013 14:11

Have recieved a pm from Stephanie in which she says there is no father named on the birth cert & it´s fairly certain his mother didn´t marry.
What I was asking was whether Andrew Cooper married & if he did, was a father named on his marriage cert.
Stephanie, you really need to reply on your thread, so that everyone can see what you know.
If you send a pm to someone, no one else knows what you have said.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 14:17

The problem with the post is the BIRTH date.......it should not be on this insecure site.

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Apr 2013 17:11

I'm am new to all this and doing the best I can on behalf of Andrew Cooper.
Andrew Cooper did not marry, nor was he adopted. He know's nothing about his Bio-logical family, other that the information we have gathered regarding a Roslind Cooper who was his birth Mother. I stated his birth date in the hope that I would be contacted by a possible bio-logical family member.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 17:18

Advise him to buy Roslind's death cert....the informant may have been related

The details are on your OTHER thread

As for people contacting you as a result of your post.....that is unlikely.

You know a lot about Roslind's family...................put the names in 'search all trees' and look for possible connections on here

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 17:23

Buy the 1934 marriage cert.........for the ages of the couple, and the names of their fathers

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 17:25

This MAY be Roslind's mother

1911 census

Person: DALLEY, Alice Address: 49 Gibson Street Harpurhey Manchester

DALLEY, John Head Married M 26 1885 Cloth Stamper Lanc Manchester VIEW
DALLEY, Carrie Wife Married5 years F 26 1885 Leeds Yorkshire VIEW
DALLEY, Alice Daughter Single F 4 1907 Lanc Manchester

I won't even attempt to find the father.....much too common a name

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 17:27

To help you along........although I would normally advise that you find this yourself.........

Marriages Jun 1906 (>99%)
Dalley John Prestwich 8d 620
Stones Carrie Prestwich 8d 620

NOW........look for possible children after Alice.......on freebmd

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 17:30

At least FIVE GR members have Carrie Stones in their trees on here

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Apr 2013 17:31

Hi Reggie

I ordered Roslind's Death Certificate on Wednesday in the hope that the informant might be related. What I know about Roslind's family, is what I have manged to work out over the last week, might be wrong. I've also ordered a marriage certificate of what we think are his Grandparents. This is very hard and extremely sad that he does not know any bio-logical relatives. I'm disappointed to hear that you do not think I will be contacted via the post be a living relative.

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 17:33

Death

Name: DALLEY, Carrie
Registration district: Manchester
County: Lancashire
Year of registration: 1946
Quarter of registration: Apr-May-Jun
Age at death:60
Volume no: 8D
Page no: 367

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Apr 2013 17:36

Only people actively using these boards will see your post.......think about it.

And be pro-active.............look in 'search all trees', and contact the members I have told you about.

Don't just hope for results...........go out and look for them.

Good luck