Find Living Relatives

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Gift subscriptions

Genes Reunited gift subscription

Do you know someone interested in discovering their family history?

You can now buy a gift subscription to Genes Reunited so they can research their family tree.

Buy gift or redeem gift

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Information Regarding Roslind /Rosalind Cooper

Page 0 + 1 of 2

1. 1
  2. 2
  3. »
ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Reggie

Reggie Report 19 Apr 2013 21:57

Thank for the update..........

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Apr 2013 16:32

Hi Reggie

Just thought I would up-date you.

I have made great progress, although a little slow, but I'm learning.

Waiting for the Marriage Certificate of John Cooper and Alice Dalley before I can continue. Alice died in childbirth so I'm now trying to follow the Cooper family line in the hope that I can find half siblings.

Thank you once again.
Stephanie

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Apr 2013 19:10

Hi Reggie

I've made contact with the GR Members who have Carrie Stones on their Family Trees. Fingers crossed.

Stephanie

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Apr 2013 18:51

Hi Reggie

Thank you for all this information. I'm so excited and you have got my hopes up.

Please do not think that I have been doing nothing. I spent all weekend sat at the computer going from Ancestry, freebmd and Genes Reunited, following the wrong Alice Dalley, building up what I thought was Andrews Family Tree. I will now try again with your leads and report back to you.

Thank you once again for your help, it is very much appreciated.

Stephanie

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 17:36

Only people actively using these boards will see your post.......think about it.

And be pro-active.............look in 'search all trees', and contact the members I have told you about.

Don't just hope for results...........go out and look for them.

Good luck

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 17:33

Death

Name: DALLEY, Carrie
Registration district: Manchester
County: Lancashire
Year of registration: 1946
Quarter of registration: Apr-May-Jun
Age at death:60
Volume no: 8D
Page no: 367

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Apr 2013 17:31

Hi Reggie

I ordered Roslind's Death Certificate on Wednesday in the hope that the informant might be related. What I know about Roslind's family, is what I have manged to work out over the last week, might be wrong. I've also ordered a marriage certificate of what we think are his Grandparents. This is very hard and extremely sad that he does not know any bio-logical relatives. I'm disappointed to hear that you do not think I will be contacted via the post be a living relative.

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 17:30

At least FIVE GR members have Carrie Stones in their trees on here

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 17:27

To help you along........although I would normally advise that you find this yourself.........

Marriages Jun 1906 (>99%)
Dalley John Prestwich 8d 620
Stones Carrie Prestwich 8d 620

NOW........look for possible children after Alice.......on freebmd

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 17:25

This MAY be Roslind's mother

1911 census

Person: DALLEY, Alice Address: 49 Gibson Street Harpurhey Manchester

DALLEY, John Head Married M 26 1885 Cloth Stamper Lanc Manchester VIEW
DALLEY, Carrie Wife Married5 years F 26 1885 Leeds Yorkshire VIEW
DALLEY, Alice Daughter Single F 4 1907 Lanc Manchester

I won't even attempt to find the father.....much too common a name

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 17:23

Buy the 1934 marriage cert.........for the ages of the couple, and the names of their fathers

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 17:18

Advise him to buy Roslind's death cert....the informant may have been related

The details are on your OTHER thread

As for people contacting you as a result of your post.....that is unlikely.

You know a lot about Roslind's family...................put the names in 'search all trees' and look for possible connections on here

Unknown

Unknown Report 3 Apr 2013 17:11

I'm am new to all this and doing the best I can on behalf of Andrew Cooper.
Andrew Cooper did not marry, nor was he adopted. He know's nothing about his Bio-logical family, other that the information we have gathered regarding a Roslind Cooper who was his birth Mother. I stated his birth date in the hope that I would be contacted by a possible bio-logical family member.

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 14:17

The problem with the post is the BIRTH date.......it should not be on this insecure site.

wisechild

wisechild Report 3 Apr 2013 14:11

Have recieved a pm from Stephanie in which she says there is no father named on the birth cert & it´s fairly certain his mother didn´t marry.
What I was asking was whether Andrew Cooper married & if he did, was a father named on his marriage cert.
Stephanie, you really need to reply on your thread, so that everyone can see what you know.
If you send a pm to someone, no one else knows what you have said.

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 13:54

Well, they are apparently employing outsiders to check reported posts..............presumably people with no experience, or any idea of what is acceptable, doing it for a pittance.

jax

jax Report 3 Apr 2013 13:37

This one was reported along with the one with the phone number...but as we know GR followed their strict guidelines and put them back :-S

Reggie

Reggie Report 3 Apr 2013 13:13

I'm surprised this one hasn't been reported, with the full DOB included...........and no suggestion that the child was adopted.

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it

Shirley~I,m getting the hang of it Report 3 Apr 2013 12:30

No she hasnt and I see her request has been RR'd again as she didnt remove her tel nos.

Reggie

Reggie Report 2 Apr 2013 22:16

There were three others at one time.................probably due to the slowness of this site

Did Stephanie ever return to the one highlighted above?